TOP 5 HOSPITALS IN MUMBAI:
List of top 5 hospitals in mumbai is based on our research:
1. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
In the belief that an institution is only as good as its people, no effort has been spared to bring on board the best of the medical profession across clinical specialties, from around the globe. Our panel of medical experts have painstakingly credentialed and defined each doctor’s privileges, ensuring increased patient safety with the provision of high-quality medical services.
Our doctors are supported by standardised care protocols that help deliver consistent patient care and follow a common treatment plan for a given illness. The talent pool is further strengthened by qualified and well-trained nursing and technical professionals. Our nurses are trained in the latest techniques across various specialties and have implemented global best practices in caregiving.
We are the only hospital in Mumbai with Full Time Specialist System (FTSS) ensuring easy availability and access to dedicated specialists exclusively attached to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital uses Protocol and Care Pathway based treatment models to ensure the best outcomes for patients. This is made possible with our unique Full Time Specialist System that ensures availability and access to dedicated specialists exclusively attached to our hospital.
- Our FTSS team is committed to provide the finest healthcare to every patient
- The entire Specialist Team follows a Common Plan, so that no time is lost in getting expert advice for the simplest clinical problems or for the most complex disorders
- With state-of-the-art infrastructure, cutting-edge technology and Full Time Specialists, our system ensures the best outcomes for our patients
- The model guarantees excellence in delivery of care to very critical patients and after complex interventions or surgeries leading to success rates matching to that of the best centres in our country and overseas
- Based on the practice prevalent in premier international centres, we aim to deliver subspecialty based care in major clinical areas – an approach which is unique among private medical centres in the country
- The system brings together resources, expertise and capabilities in various specialties under one roof to better meet the needs of the growing number of patients with multisystemic diseases
- FTSS enables us to deliver excellent, cost-effective and evidence-based patient care.
2. P. D. Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre
This journey which commenced in 1951, shall move forward with greater determination and momentum, all the while keeping the identified philosophy and goals in view. The quest for excellence will be never-ending for this “Temple of Modern Health Care”.
3. Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre
The Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre is one of the oldest tertiary care, multi-specialty Trust hospitals in the country. In the late 60s, when the establishment of large private hospitals was not common, the institution was conceptualized & endowed to the city of Mumbai by Seth Lokoomal Chanrai. Seth Chanrai came from a family of philanthropists who had businesses in many countries. The family had already supported many small & large projects. Seth Lokoomal entrusted Dr. Shantilal Mehta the task of establishing an ultra-modern centrally located medical centre where people of all races and creeds could receive the benefits of advanced health care. The name Jaslok was derived from the names of Seth Lokoomal & his wife Smt. Jasotibai. Seth Chanrai’s vision was implemented and brought to reality largely by his brother-in-law Dada Mathradas Assomull. The hospital was inaugurated on 6th July 1973 by the erstwhile Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
Jaslok Hospital is situated at Dr. G Deshmukh Marg., Peddar Road which is a main artery of South Mumbai and overlooks the Arabian Sea. Jaslok Hospital is a private, full-fledged multi-speciality hospital with 348 beds of which 57 are ICU beds. The number of consultants has increased from the initial 50 to around 270 with 190 fully trained resident doctors.. Jaslok Hospital has all qualified nurses with many of them having additional qualification & specialization.
4. Fortis Hospitals, Mulund, Mumbai
Fortis Hospital, Mulund is a JCI accredited, 300-bed multi-specialty tertiary care hospital providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services. With cutting edge technology, highly skilled and experienced surgeons and paramedical staff the Fortis Hospital at Mulund provides a patient-centric approach. This facility specializes in Cardiology and Cardiac surgery, Urology, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Orthopaedics, Digestive Care, Emergency Care and Critical Care, Maternity care among others.
The hospital a host of accreditations to its name:
- Five times JCI accreditation (quality as per international standards)
- Best Hospital -Cardiology at the Times Healthcare Acheivers Awards 2018
- NABH Accreditation (quality standards specified across India)
- 1st NABH accredited Blood Bank in India
- Three times NABL accredited Pathology Lab
- British Medical Journal(BMJ) Awards India 2014-Medical Team of the Year
- Asian Hospital Management Awards (2014) Hat trick – Patient Safety & HRD category
- Asian Patient Safety Award (2014) – Innovation in Staff Education
- Healthcare Leadership Awards 2014 – Best Patient Safety
- FICCI Healthcare award for Operational Excellence (consecutively in 2012 & 2013)
- National Energy Conservation Award bestowed by Honourable President of India (2012)
- Best Orthopaedic Hospital (Indian Healthcare Awards 2011)
5. Apollo Hospitals, Mumbai
Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai is one of the most advanced Multi-Speciality Tertiary Care hospitals in Maharashtra. The hospital offers comprehensive and integrated super speciality services under one roof. Apollo Hospitals at Navi Mumbai has put together a team of renowned expert consultants to provide people easy accessibility to advanced technologies for precise diagnosis and treatment. The facility is accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) and National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH). It also provides advanced personalized health check programmes which is tailor made to individuals lifestyle requirements.
Clinical Excellence – Apollo Hospitals has pioneered Clinical Excellence in India and it is one of the Group’s proudest legacies. The unit boasts of renowned consultants and the focus is on high-quality patient experience in all aspects. It thrives to deliver clinical outcomes comparable to the very best in the world.
Infrastructure – It is a 500 bedded facility and has access to world-class technologies, 13 state-of-the-operation theatres, advanced laboratory and medical diagnostics and 120 ultra-modern I.C.U. beds including N.I.C.U. & P.I.C.U. manned round the clock by critical care specialists
Technology – Apollo Hospitals Group has always been ahead of the curve in terms of technology. Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai, has state-of-the-art technologies, enhanced patient care with greater precision, better patient experience and precise diagnosis.