Top 10 Medical Oncologists in India
List of top 10 medical oncologists in India is based on our research:
1. Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
Honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri Award, Dr. Ashok Vaid has the unique distinction of carrying out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private sector hospital in North India. He has also conducted more than 40 international and national studies in clinical research and is known for organizing numerous seminars, workshops and conferences.
D.M. (Medical Oncology)Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai1993
M.D. (General Medicine)Govt. Medical College, Jammu1989
M.B.B.S.Govt. Medical College, Jammu1984
2. Dr. Boman Dhabhar
Dr. Dhabhar has passed MD-Internal Medicine from Mumbai University and then pursued Super specialization training in Medical Oncology and Hemat-Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital. He also completed his Certification and Fellowship in Medical Oncology from European Society of Medical Oncology, The University Of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, U.S.A. and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Washington, U.S.A.Currently he is a Medical Oncologist at Fortis Cancer Institute.
3. Dr. Raja Thirumalairaj
Dr. T Raja is an internationally acclaimed Medical Oncologist with over 25 years of experience in the field of cancer. His vast patient experience in tertiary care setting makes him one of the best Oncologists in India. He is also academically well known, and heads the DNB Medical Oncology program at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai, India. He is among the most sought after faculty in several national, international conferences and workshops.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Madurai Kamaraj University, India in 1988
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Paediatrics from Gujarat University, India in 1993
- Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in Medical Oncology from Gujarat University, India in 1996
- Honorary Fellow in BMT, Royal Free Hospital, London in 1998
- DNB Medical Oncology Teacher and Program Head (Sub Speciality Teaching Program), Apollo Speciality Hospital,Chennai, India
- Head of the Department – Department of Medical Oncology, Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai, India
- Past Adjunct Professor, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Principal and Co-Investigator in several international clinical trials.
- Invited faculty in several national and international conferences.
- Organising Chairman/ Secretary of the Apollo Cancer Conclave in 2019 and 2014.
- Organising Secretary of Joint ISO / ISMPO biennial meeting Oncocon 2009.
- Convener of All India Apollo Group Tumour board.
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Published numerous papers in the field of Oncology in peer reviewed journals, and books.
- Author of Chapter on Oncology in Post Graduate Text book of Medicine, published by Jaypee Brothers.
- Conferred “Times Health Care Achiever Awards”,Times of India,2018
- Conferred “Best Doctor Award” by the ‘The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University’
- Gold Medalist at Gujarat University, India in 1996 for DM Oncology
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Breast Cancers
- Lung Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Bone Marrow Transplants
4. Dr. Vinod Raina
Dr. Vinod Raina is one of India’s foremost Medical Oncologists with more than 30 years experience in field of Medical Oncology. Till recently he was Professor and Head of Medical Oncology at AIIMS. He has performed approximately 250 bone marrow transplants personally and under his headship AIIMS performed largest number of transplants in India for various cancers in the last 10 years with special interest in Breast, Lung Cancer, Lymphomas, Acute and Chronic Leukemia’s, Bone marrow, Stem Cell transplants and GI cancers He also brings tremendous research experience and has been Principal investigator of approximately 50 projects at AIIMS in the last 23 years. He has nearly 200 research publications in international and national journals.
MD (AIIMS), MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edinburgh and London)
4. Dr. Nalini Kilara
Dr. Nalini Kilara has over 35 years of experience to her credit. After completing her MBBS from a reputed Medical College in Bangalore, Dr. Nalini pursued an MD in Internal Medicine and DM in Medical Oncology from renowned institutes in Chandigarh and Bangalore respectively. She has many publications and awards to her credit.
Dr. Nalini is an academician with extensive teaching experience and has also been a speaker in many national and international conferences and symposia. She is very active in clinical trials and has been a principal investigator over 25 multi-centric trials.
MBBS, MD, DM
5. Dr. Manish K. Singhal
Dr. Manish Kumar Singhal is a distinguished Oncologist currently practicing as Oncologist & consultant in India and also Head of the Medical Oncology department & Senior Consultant Medical Oncology Apollo Hospital. Deriving his motivation to practice oncology from watching his father’s ongoing fight with cancer for over 15 years, Dr. Manish Singhal hence considers his specialization as a passion rather than a profession. With his highly motivated team and best cancer treatment facilities, Dr. Manish Kumar Singhal is named among best Oncologists in India.
His expertise spans all types of chemotherapy, intensive protocols, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy in addition to dealing with oncological emergencies, including medical care of patients. He also has a deep interest in breast cancer, lung cancer, gastro-intestinal cancer and lymphoma/leukemia/myeloma. In addition, has been effectively involved in organizing different workshops seminars and conferences all over the country.
MBBS Seth GS Medical College, KEM Hospital, Mumbai (2002)
MD Internal Medicine, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak,
DM Medical Oncology, AIIMS, New Delhi (2010)
6. Dr. P P Bapsy
Dr. Bapsy is an expert Oncologist of International repute and is the first women in India to obtain D.M in Medical Oncology. Her expertise in treating Cancer patients spans for more than 3 decades. She is instrumental in bringing the Oncology department at Apollo to world class standards.
MBBS , MD, DM
7. Dr. Sankar Srinivasan
Dr. Sankar Srinivasan is a Consultant Medical Oncologist at Apollo Specialty Cancer Hospital in Teynampet, Chennai in addition to working with Phoenix AZ. He has over 27 years experience in the field of Medical Oncology and Hematology.
Dr. Sankar Srinivasan completed his undergraduate and postgraduate studies at Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai, from 1984 to 1990. He then moved to the USA, Completed AB (Internal Medicine) at Wayne State University, Detroit (1992-95), and AB (Medical Oncology & Hematology) at Cleveland University, Ohio (1995-98).
Dr. Sankar Srinivasan gained valuable experience in his fields of specialization while working in Phoenix, Arizona. He was a recipient of the American Cancer Society Fellow Award (Ohio Chapter) for 1996 and 1997 and was Fellow of the Year in 1997-98.
MBBS, AB, FACP
8. Dr. Harsh Dua
- A senior most Oncologist, Dr Harsh Dua has extensive 35 years of experience in treating cancer. He is well known for providing services in Oncology, Cancer Specialist, Ocular Oncology, Medical Oncology, Head & Neck Cancer, Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Uro Oncology, Hepatobiliary Cancer, Blood Cancer, Lung cancer, GI Cancer, Radiation Oncology, Gyne Oncology.
9. Dr. Hari Goyal
Dr. Hari Goyal had the privilege to work in best of Cancer Centers of India. He started his career in the field of Oncology at Tata Memorial Centre & did the prestigious course of DM from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
He is the head of Oncology unit comprising eminent doctors like Dr. Deepak Singla, Dr. Raman Kain & Dr. Smita B. Choudhury. The team effort gives an edge & advantage to the patients’ management.
His practice has a major influence of teachings of pioneers in oncology, Dr. S.H. Advani, Dr. Vinod Kochupillai & Dr. Lalit Kumar. He has long associations with experts like Dr. P.K. Julka, Dr. Subodh Pandey, Dr. S. Hukku, Dr. Sudhir Bahadur & Dr. K.K. Pandey.
His yesteryear colleagues are now prominent cancer specialists & are heading the cancer department of big institutions across the country and other part of the globe.
His contribution to oncology is immense & has developed drugs for management of chemotherapy side effects. This development has helped millions of cancer patients since 2004. He was a part of large number of clinical trials of cancer research including one of the FDA audited trial. He has many prestigious awards to his credit which reflect his dedication, in- depth knowledge & collaboration with other departments to cure cancer.
His communication, truthful discussions about outcome & energetic attitude is the key to his present success. Consistency, punctuality & empathy are some of his qualities which are admired by his patients & colleagues. A hard worker with a positive attitude towards the sick, he deals with all kinds of cancer. He has a passion for cure & control of cancer which make him an exceptional oncologist. His motto is to provide comprehensive & holistic treatment to each & every cancer patient.
An expert of traditional drugs to recent advances, he is a hope, constant support & a friend of cancer patients & their families. He is adored by one & all. He is a versatile personality & a prolific writer. He is an expert of calligraphy & considered as a motivational guru by hundreds.
MBBS, MD, DM & PDCR
10. Dr. Amit Agarwal
Working as a Director & HOD in Medical Oncology Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Sr. Consultant – International Oncology & Fortis Hospital
- Sr. Consultant – Batra Hospital and Medical Research centre
- LAS Oncology – Mount Vernon Hospital, Hertfordshire
- Clinical Fellow Oncology – Addenbrookes NHS Trust, Cambridge, UK
- Clinical attachment, Oncology – Churchill and Radcliff Hospital, Oxford
- Specialist Oncology – Royal Hospital, Sultanate of Oman
- MRCP (London)