Top 10 Kidney Transplant Surgeons in India
Top 10 Kidney Transplant Surgeons in India
List of top 10 kidney transplant surgeons in India is based on our research:
1. Dr. Sandeep Guleria
Renowned for being the key member of the team that conducted the first two Kidney Pancreas Transplants in India, Dr. Sandeep Guleria is the top notch Kidney Transplant specialists at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
MBBS, MS.DNB, FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Ed), FRCS(Glas), FRCP(Edin), MNAMS
2. Dr. Anant Kumar
Dr. Anant Kumar has 35 years of experience in urology & Kidney Transplant. He is currently the Chairman of Uro-Oncology, Robotic & Kidney Transplantation, Max Hospital at Saket New Delhi & Max Hospital Vaishali. He is well-known as one of the best robotic & laparoscopic surgeon in India. He was also Director of the Department of Urology, Renal transplantation and Robotics at Fortis hospital & Apollo Hospital in Delhi & NCR. Prior to this, he was the Professor & Head, Urology & Kidney Transplantation at SGPGIMS, Lucknow. He was also consultant Urologist in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, UK.
- M.B.B.S King George Medical University, Lucknow, India
- M.S(General Surgery), PGIMER, Chandigarh India
- M.Ch(Urology), PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
- DNB (Urology), PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
3. Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat is a world-renowned name in the field of Minimally Invasive Urology and Renal Transplants with more than 39 years of experience. He is credited with establishing high-volume Urology and Renal Transplant programs at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, Fortis Hospitals, New Delhi, and Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram. An accomplished endourologist, laparoscopic and robotic surgeon, Dr. Ahlawat pioneered the world’s first Robotic Kidney Transplant (RKT) with regional hypothermia. A teacher and academician at heart, Dr. Ahlawat initiated Urology training M.Ch. and D.N.B. programs at all previous institutions of his association. He was awarded the Chakraborty Fellowship by Indian American Urological Association for year 1992 and PN Berry Fellowship in 1995. He was honored with the title of Honorary Lecturer conferred to him by the University College London Hospitals (UCLH), U.K. in 1995 during his stint at Institute of Urology and Nephrology.
|QUALIFICATIONS||INSTITUTE / DEPARTMENT||YEAR|
|MCh (Urology)||AIIMS, New Delhi||1986|
|MNAMS (General Surgery)||DNB Board, New Delhi||1982|
|MS (General Surgery)||KGMC, Lucknow||1980|
4. Dr. Joseph Thachil
- Awarded the GORDEN- RICHARD’s Fellowship of Canada.
- Performed First KOCK’s Pouch Continent Urinary Diversion IN Canada.
- First CADAVERIC RENAL Transplant in the country.
- Largest Number of Renal Transport in the Country
5. Dr. Manju Aggarwal
A Nephrologist with many years of wide ranging experience in Nephrology at some of the best medical institutes, including, University of Minnesota, which is one of the best in the world. She has expertise in treating critically ill patients with acute and chronic renal failure, patients on dialysis and renal transplant. She is experienced in managing difficult and high risk renal transplants especially those who require desensitization. She pursues medical care with compassion and perfection.
2008: MBA (Healthcare Administration), Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University, Delhi
• 1993: Diplomate of National Board (Nephrology), National Board of Examinations, India.
• 1992: Fellowship in Nephrology, University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
• 1980: MD (Internal Medicine), Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
• 1976: MBBS, Lady Hardinge Medical College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
• Since February 2012: Director and Head, Department of Nephrology and Kidney Transplantation, Artemis Health Institute, Sector 51, Gurgaon.
• January 1996 to February 2012: Sr. Consultant (Nephrology), Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi.
• August 2001 to March 2006: Senior Consultant and Head (Nephrology), Sant Parmanand Hospital, 18, Shamnath Marg, Delhi.
• August 1993 – July 2006: Consultant Panelist (Nephrology) in Escort’s Heart Institute, New Delhi.
• August 1993 – February 1996: Consultant Nephrologist, Mool Chand Hospital, Lajpat Nagar III, New Delhi—110024
• August 1993 – February 1996: Consultant Nephrologist, Tirath Ram Shah Hospital, 2 Battery Lane, New Delhi-110054
• July 1990 – July 1992: Fellow in Nephrology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA.
Teaching and Administrative Positions
• Designated Teacher and Thesis guide for DNB (Nephrology), Department of Nephrology, Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon. Since February 2012
• Designated Teacher and Thesis guide for DNB (Nephrology), Department of Nephrology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi from 2001 to January 2012
• Faculty and speaker in various CMEs and Postgraduate Courses
• Chairperson and member of various Hospital Administrative Committees, Artemis Health Institute, Sector 51, Gurgaon, Haryana
6. Dr. Madhav Kamat
Dr. Madhav Kamat is a Consultant with the Urology department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre. He is also Consultant Urologist at several prominent hospitals in Mumbai.
He is a pioneer in the field of renal transplants in India and was appointed by the Maharashtra Government on the Committee to frame rules for Maharashtra Kidney Transplantation Act of 1982.
MBBS, MS (Gen Surgery), FRCS (Urology), Certification – American Board of Urology
7. Dr. Anil Mandhani
Dr. Anil Mandhani is the Chairman of Kidney and Urology Institute at Medanta – The Medicity. He is a renowned urologist who has conducted a variety of complex oncological and reconstructive surgeries for various cancers including prostate, testicular and penile. Having worked in Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences for 20 years as Professor, Urology, Dr. Mandhani has vast experience in clinical and basic science research in managing various cancers in urology. He has also been a clinical fellow in Robotic uro-oncology at Institute of Robotic Surgery, Cornell/ New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York. Before joining Medanta, Dr. Mandhani worked at Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi as Director, Kidney and Urology Institute.
|Clinical Fellowship in Robotic Uro-oncology||Cornell/ New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York||2007|
|Diplomat of National Board (DNB) in Urology||National Board Examination, India||1998|
|Magister of Chirugia (M.Ch.) in Urology||Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||1998|
|Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery||Pt JNM Medical College, Ravishankar University, Raipur||1993|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS|
8. Dr. Ajith Huilgol
Dr Ajit Huilgol is the Director and Chief Transplant Surgeon, Karnataka Nephrology and Transplant Institute. He has performed more than 2000 kidney transplants to date. A rank holder in the Pre-University exam of the Bangalore University, he graduated from Bangalore Medical College in 1975, as the best outgoing student (with top honors in Forensic Medicine and OB/GYN). He completed his post-graduation as a medalist in General Surgery from the well-known institution, PGIMER, Chandigarh, in 1979.A strong-willed and dedicated surgeon, with multiple publications to his credit, he has been a mentor to many young surgeons. The proficiency, passion, and indomitable spirit in his work have won him reverence from his colleagues. A winner of TWO Life-Time Achievement Awards in Surgery, awards in Wildlife Photography (He is a wildlife enthusiast.), and recognition as a cricket commentator are some of his other achievements. With his leadership role in Transplant Surgery, here in Columbia Asia, he is also part of the team that conducts kidney transplants in Bangladesh, Nigeria, and Ethiopia.
- M.D. (Ind Med.)
- D.M. (Nephrology)
- F.I.S.N. (USA)
10. Dr. Anil Kumar Gulia
Dr. Anil Kumar Gulia is a renowned name in the field of Urology and Renal Transplant with more than 15 years of surgical experience. He performs Kidney Transplant operations routinely and has more than 95% success rates which are at par with the best Kidney Transplant Centers of the world. He has performed Pediatric Kidney Transplant, Triple & Quadruple Vessel Kidney Transplants, Re-do kidney transplants, ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplant and Swap Kidney Transplant. He does advanced endourological procedures like RIRS, mini PCNL, HOLEP (Large Prostate Glands) , reconstructive surgeries (kidney, ureter ,bladder & urethra). Dr Gulia routinely does advanced laparoscopic surgeries and also treats cancer of kidney, bladder and prostate. He brings in expertise from two leading teaching hospitals of country – Sanjay Gandhi PGI, Lucknow and AIIMS, New Delhi. Dr. Gulia is an active faculty at various Urological and Kidney Transplantation forums and has many international publications in leading journals of the world.
- M.B.B.S. GR Medical College, Gwalior.
- M.S. (Gen. Surgery)All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
- M.Ch. (Urology) Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.