Top 10 Hemato Oncologists (Adult) in India
List of top 10 hemato oncologists (adult) in India is based on our research:
1. Dr. Ashok Kumar Vaid
Honoured with the prestigious Padma Shri Award, Dr. Ashok Vaid has the unique distinction of carrying out the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private sector hospital in North India. He has also conducted more than 40 international and national studies in clinical research and is known for organizing numerous seminars, workshops and conferences.
|D.M. (Medical Oncology)||Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai||1993|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||Govt. Medical College, Jammu||1989|
|M.B.B.S.||Govt. Medical College, Jammu||1984|
2. Dr. Shishir Seth
Successfully performed more than 150 Hematopoietic stem cell Transplants (BMT). 40% of which was allogeneic including Haplo-identical and antigen mismatch transplants.
As a Hematologist & Hemato-oncologist taking care of Acute Leukemia (AML/ ALL), Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma, CML, CLL, Chronic Myelo-proliferative Neoplasm, Myelodysplastic syndrome as well as anemia, Thalassemia, Bleeding and clotting disorders. We had performed more than 300 induction therapies for acute leukemia.
- Worked as Consultant, – Hemato-oncology & Stem Cell Transplant (BMT), at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, New-Delhi
- Worked as Fellow-Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplantation Division Of Hematology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Worked as senior resident (DM-Clinical Hematology) at Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM hospital, Mumbai-India.
- Worked as consultant at Moolchand Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Sr. Resident at GTB Hospital, New Delhi.
- Worked as Clinical assistant- Hematology at PD Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai.
- Worked as Sr. AMO at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai.
- Worked as Junior resident at Seth G.S. Medical College & KEM hospital, Mumbai-India.
- Worked as principal investigator for 2010DRL001: An investigator initiated observational study to evaluate the response rate and toxicity (safety) of the combination of bendamustine and rituximab (BR) in fresh adult chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients
- Principal Investigator for IVPL_RT_01: A study of Rituximab in patients with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma a type of cancer.
MBBS, MD, DM
3. Dr. Raja Thirumalairaj
Dr. T Raja is an internationally acclaimed Medical Oncologist with over 25 years of experience in the field of cancer. His vast patient experience in tertiary care setting makes him one of the best Oncologists in India. He is also academically well known, and heads the DNB Medical Oncology program at Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai, India. He is among the most sought after faculty in several national, international conferences and workshops.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from Madurai Kamaraj University, India in 1988
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Paediatrics from Gujarat University, India in 1993
- Doctorate of Medicine (DM) in Medical Oncology from Gujarat University, India in 1996
- Honorary Fellow in BMT, Royal Free Hospital, London in 1998
- DNB Medical Oncology Teacher and Program Head (Sub Speciality Teaching Program), Apollo Speciality Hospital,Chennai, India
- Head of the Department – Department of Medical Oncology, Apollo Speciality Hospital, Chennai, India
- Past Adjunct Professor, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Principal and Co-Investigator in several international clinical trials.
- Invited faculty in several national and international conferences.
- Organising Chairman/ Secretary of the Apollo Cancer Conclave in 2019 and 2014.
- Organising Secretary of Joint ISO / ISMPO biennial meeting Oncocon 2009.
- Convener of All India Apollo Group Tumour board.
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Published numerous papers in the field of Oncology in peer reviewed journals, and books.
- Author of Chapter on Oncology in Post Graduate Text book of Medicine, published by Jaypee Brothers.
- Conferred “Times Health Care Achiever Awards”,Times of India,2018
- Conferred “Best Doctor Award” by the ‘The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University’
- Gold Medalist at Gujarat University, India in 1996 for DM Oncology
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Breast Cancers
- Lung Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Bone Marrow Transplants
4. Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh
Experience of performing more than 300 bone marrow transplants (including Autologous/Allogenic/Haplo/MUD) for both malignant and non-malignant blood disorders including thalassemia and aplastic anemia. Done successful Haplo BMT for SCID in an 8 months old child. Successfully done MFD BMT for HLH in a 2 yr old child.
Individually set up BMT unit at Jaypee Hospital and made SOPs for each and every important steps for successfully running the BMT unit. Made BMT UNIT at Jaypee hospital the transplant centre for MUD transplant and got PBSC product from national (Datri) and international registry (DKMS).
Performed 50 BMTs in last 18 months at Jaypee hospital (MSD/MFD-20; Haplo-6; Auto-2 and MUD-4).
MBBS, MS (Gen Medicine), DM (Clinical Haematology)
5. Dr. Radheshyam Naik
Dr Radheshyam MD, DM is the pioneer in the field of Medical Oncology with more than 25 years of strong academic experience in his field. He received advanced training from the world’s leading institutions including M.D. Anderson Cancer Institute, USA, International School for Cancer Care, Oxford, UK, University of New South Wales, Australia, to name a few.
Regarded as an eminent oncologist and having experience of visiting renowned cancer hospitals around the world, Dr. Radheshyam has had an excellent academic career in managing all types of cancer and haematological disorders, with several peer-reviewed publications in leading journals. He is pioneer in conducting various Drug trials conducted over 50 chemotherapy drugs in nationally and internationally trials.
He has special interest in Bone Marrow Transplant programme and also undergone advanced trainings at Hadassah University, Israel; Detroit medical center, The New York hospital USA , Cornell Medical center and at Harper Hospital, Michigan, USA.
Dr. Radheshyam has been a major contributor in developing the field of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation in Karnataka. He performed the first intra-arterial chemotherapy through port in Karnataka and also is credited for performing the first Bone Marrow Transplant in Karnataka.
MBBS, MS (Gen Medicine), DM (Clinical Haematology)
6. Dr. Rahul Bhargava
Dr Rahul Bhargava in 2016 became the first Indian doctor to do and popularize stem cell transplant in multiple sclerosis. He has been credited of establishing 6 low cost centres across India namely at Sarvodaya hospital, Batra hospital, Action Balaji hospital etc.. He and his team has done 400+ transplants. He is known for his excellent outcome in stem cell transplant specially in haploidentical transplant and his vision of first integrated centre of excellence in Haematology, paediatric haematology and stem cell transplant has been full filled at FMRI Gurgaon.
7. Dr. Hari Menon
Dr. Hari Menon has been in the field of medical oncology for the past 18 years, with special focus in the specialised field of haematological malignancies, which caters to both leukemia (blood cancers) and lymphomas (malignancies associated with the lymphoreticular system). He has since worked at the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai, as consultant and Professor of Medical Oncology for the past 12 years. He has featured consistently among the best oncologists in the country, and has been nominated on two occasions among Mumbai’s Top Docs in peer-nominated surveys.
Dr. Menon has been in academia right from the time he completed his post-graduation. During his tenure in academia, he has been actively involved in clinical research and served as Principal Investigator on several clinical trials, both at national and global levels. He has a deep interest in designing studies in oncology and has been involved with the same at the institutional, national and global levels. He has been a member of the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) task force for formulating guidelines in haematological malignancies. He was the recipient of the ACORD (Australia & Asia Pacific Clinical Oncology Research Development) and INDOX (India Oxford clinical research) training. He is also a national faculty for ACORD and CREDO in India, disciplines which are involved in training researchers and oncologists in the field of clinical research.
Dr. Menon has been credited with over 50 publications, and numerous presentations and book chapters. He is member of the American Society of Hematology and the European Haematology Association. Dr. Menon is a Reviewer for Indian and International peer-reviewed oncology journals, and has been an invited member on the advisory board for drug development by several multinational pharmaceutical companies.. He is also associated with cancer patient advocacy and support groups, and with agencies striving to make cancer care widely available to patients.
MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology)
8. Dr. Dharma Choudhary
Dr. Dharma Choudhary is one Top doctor for Adult bone marrow transplant in India. With a rich experience of over 20 years, Dr. Dharma has done more than 500 Bone Marrow Transplants with an excellent success rate, making him one of the most popular haematologist in India. He has been trained at top healthcare Institutions in India and outside India. Dr. Dharma is well recognised and appreciated for his participation in the field of haematology in India, Hehas also been awarded by various International health Agencies for his wonderful success rate in Stem Cell Transplantation.
During his time at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Dr. Choudhary started Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant for Thalassaemia &Aplastic anaemia. He is successfully delivering his duties in treating patients suffering from different types of blood cancers.
Fellowship / Training in Bone Marrow Transplant from Vancouver, General Hospital, United Kingdom
-DM (Haematology) from AIIMS, New Delhi.
-MD (Medicine) from S. N. Medical College and University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
-MBBS – S.N.Medical College, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
9. Dr. Nitin Sood
An experienced hematologist, Dr Sood is a specialist of blood and blood related disorders including leukemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, lymphomas, multiple myeloma, amyloidosis, bone marrow/ stem cell transplant, bleeding and clotting disorders, thalassaemias and sickle cell anemia, aplastic anaemia, complicated anemias amongst others. Dr Sood completed his MBBS in 1998 from Mysore University. Post his internship from Safdarjang Hospital he joined the MD Medicine programme at Delhi University. He completed both MD General Medicine and DNB Internal Medicine in year 2002. After doing a year of senior residency in General Medicine from Safdarjang Hospital he moved to UK to train in Clinical Hematology. He has been a part of various medical organizations in the UK and has been the recipient of many awards in the field of hematology and oncology.
|CCT (Haemato Oncology)||General Medical Council, UK||2010|
|F.R.C. (Pathology)||Royal College of Pathologists, UK||2010|
|MRCPath (Associate Haematology)||Royal College of Pathologists, UK||2008|
|MRCP (UK)||Royal College of Physicians, UK||2005|
|D.N.B. (General Medicine)||National Board of Examination||2002|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||Army Hospital, Delhi University||2002|
|M.B.B.S.||Govt. Medical College, Mysore||1997
10. Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Sharma
Presently working as a Sr. Consultant and HOD in the Department of Adult Haemato – Oncology at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- MD (Medicine)
- DM (Clinical Hematology)