Top 10 Head & Neck Cancer Surgeons in India
Top 10 Head & Neck Surgical Oncologists in India
List of top 10 head and neck surgical oncologists in India is based on our research:
1. Dr. Deepak Sarin
Specialising in Head & Neck Oncology Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery and Skull Base Surgery, Dr. Sarin brings along experience of more than 20 years in the field. Chandler Society & Mukut Sahariya awardee, Dr. Sarin has been instrumental in developing the Head & Neck Cancer Department and is trained as a clinical fellow in Head & Neck Ablative as well as Reconstructive surgery at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, United States. His expertise lies in Oral Cancer, Throat Cancer, Thyroid surgery (including robotic surgery), Parathyroid surgery (including minimally invasive techniques), Parotid surgery, Tracheal reconstruction and Laser and Robotic resection for head & neck cancer. Dr Sarin is intimately involved in clinical and translational research and has passion for education.
|Fellowship (Head and Neck Oncology)||University of MIAMI||2005|
|D.N.B. (Otolaryngology)||National Board of Examination||2001|
|M.S. (Otolaryngology) Gold Medal||AIIMS, New Delhi||1997|
|M.B.B.S.||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||1994|
2. Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas
Dr. Surender Dabas has about a decade of experience in treating cancers of head and neck region and thorax. His clinical focus is on treatment of cancers of oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, thyroid, parotid, skull base, esophagus, lungs and mediastinum. He has a vast experience in Robotic surgeries for Head & neck and thoracic malignancies and has performed the maximum number of Trans-oral Robotic surgeries for Oropharyngeal and laryngeal malignancies in Asia. He is a Proctor for establishing Trans Oral Robotic Surgery program in India and has been actively involved in teaching robotic surgery to Surgeons across the country. He has done about 8000 head-neck and thoracic cancer surgeries till date. He has numerous national and international publications to his credit.
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB (Surgical Oncology)
3. Dr. Naveen H.C
Dr. Naveen is an expert in the field of surgical oncology specialising in the head and neck region. He has an experience of over 13 years and constantly updates himself with the most recent advancements in the treatment modalities in cancer. His areas of special interests include management of advanced head and neck cancers, lateral skull base surgeries, robotic surgeries in head and neck cancers, thyroid and parathyroid diseases.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from J.J.M.Medical College, Kuvempu University in 2001
- Master of Surgery (M.S) in Otorhinolaryngology from J.J.M.Medical college, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India in 2005
- Fellowship in Head and Neck Oncology, Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore in 2006
- Fellow head and neck surgery, Fremantle Hospital, Perth, Australia in 2011
- Master Chirugie(MCh) in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, India in 2011
- Worked in research projects on head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Contributed three chapters for the post-graduate teaching book published by the Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology
- Active participation in national and international conferences, workshops and CMEs
- Involved in community work through free health camps
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Papers published in peer reviewed journals
- Gold Medal for Best Poster – Lateral Arm Free Flap for Oral Tongue Defect
- Reconstruction, 8th National conference Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology, Cuttack-Bhubaneswar, 2008
- Awarded Best Poster – Poster-Lateral Neck Dissection, RGCON-2006 – 5th International Conference, Delhi.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Lateral skull base surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Head and neck reconstruction
- Speech and swallowing rehabilitation
- Nutrition in head and neck cancer
4. Dr. Vikram Kekatpure
A renowned oncologist with over 14 years of experience in clinical care, teaching and research, Dr. Kekatpure specialises in the management of head and neck cancers. Dr. Kekatpure is a member of various medical and scientific societies at national and international levels, including the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology India (FHNO), Indian Association of Cancer Research, American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), AO foundation, and the Head and Neck Cooperative Oncology Group. He is a recipient of several awards and is credited with an award from the FHNO for his research paper and a Scholar-in-Training award from the AACR.
He also has been faculty at various national and international conferences and has multiple scientific presentations. He has many publications in peer reviewed journals.
MS (OTOLARYNGOLOGY), M.CH (HEAD & NECK ONCOLOGY)
5. Dr. Vishal Rao
Dr. Vishal Rao completed his post-graduation in otolaryngology – head & neck surgery – in Karnataka, after which he completed a fellowship in head & neck oncology surgery in Mumbai. He also served as a visiting scholar at the Pittsburgh School of Medicine and has more than 20 national and international publications to his credit. He has received many national and international awards.
Dr. Rao takes keen interest in cancer prevention and anti-tobacco programmes. His area of expertise is head & neck surgery, which includes surgery for benign and malignant tumours of the thyroid, parotid and salivary gland surgeries, complex neck surgeries, such as radical and modified neck dissections, carotid body, other vascular tumours, and parapharyngeal space tumours.
Dr. Rao also has experience in transoral laser surgeries for early oral and voice box cancers and surgical organ preservation. He also has a special interest in management of tumours of the paranasal sinus and endoscopic skull base surgeries with complex reconstructions.
Post-graduation in otolaryngology – head & neck surgery – in Karnataka, after which he completed a fellowship in head & neck oncology surgery in Mumbai.
6. Dr. Mayuri Rajapurkar
A Head and Neck Surgeon with more than 11 years of experience, Dr. Mayuri Rajapurkar specializes in surgical management of cancers that affect the mouth, throat, nasal passages, sinuses, voice box, salivary glands, thyroid gland and skin of the scalp, face and neck, with strong focus on optimising functional and aesthetic outcomes.
Trained at some of the finest institutes in India and the United States, she is an expert in highly advanced procedures like Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS) and Transoral Laser Microsurgery (TLM).
Clinical Research Fellow – Head-Neck Services (Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai) UICC-ICRETT Fellowship (MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, USA)
Fellowship in Head – Neck Oncologic & Reconstructive Surgery (Medical University of South Carolina, USA)
MCh in Head Neck Surgical Oncology (Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi)
MS in ENT (Medical College, Baroda) | MBBS
7. Dr. Biswajyoti Hazarika
Dr.Biswajyoti Hazarika has been in the specialized field of Head & Neck surgery for the last 16 years. His area of expertise includes surgery for tumors/ cancer of the head and neck region (which comprises the oral cavity, the nose and the para-nasal sinuses, the larynx, the pharynx, the salivary glands, thyroid and the parathyroid glands. Dr Hazarika is an accomplished in his field of specialty and is well versed with the plastic reconstruction of the resected part as well as endoscopic and minimal access surgery in the region of Head & Neck. Robotic Head & Neck Surgery is the latest addition to his acquisitions. Besides surgical procedures Dr Hazarika also takes deep interest in the functional rehabilitation of all head and neck cancer patients. Soon after his fellowship in Head & Neck surgery from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Onoclogy, Bangalore Dr Hazarika went on to complete his residency in Dr B Barooah Cancer Centre, Guwahati. He thereafter worked in Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mumbai (under the tutelage of Dr Sultan A Pradhan)- the myriad experience has given him tremendous insight to the various gradations of Head and Neck Oncology as a whole. Dr Hazarika joined the Dept of Surgical Oncology, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi as a Consultant in 2009 and in 2013 he was appointed as the Head of Dept- Head & Neck Surgery in the same Institute and continued in the same post till August 2016. In addition to having multiple publications in national and international medical journals, Dr Hazarika has also authored chapters in Atlas of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery.
MBBS- Guwahati Medical College & Hospital, Guwahati, MS (ENT) -Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh, Fellowship Head & Neck Surgery- Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
8. Dr. Satish Nair
- Dr. Satish is has 13 years of experience as an Oncology Head and Neck Surgery. He is a specialist in head and neck surgery and possesses clinical and surgical skills in subspecialities like otology including cochlear implant surgery, advanced endoscopic skull base surgery, transoral CO2 laser surgery, aesthetic rhinoplasty, voice surgery and laryngotracheal surgeries.
- He is the author of many research papers which are appeared in international journals. He has earned certifications and professional memberships in important organizations in India.
POST DOCTORAL TRG IN HEAD NECK POST DOCTORAL TRG IN ENDOSCOPIC THYROID SURGERY POST DOCTORAL TRG IN ROBOTIC SURGERY.
9. Dr. Ashwani Sharma
Dr. Ashwani Sharma has a vast experience in treating cancers of head and neck region and thorax. His clinical focus is on treatment of cancers of oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, thyroid, parotid, esophagus, lungs and mediastinum.He has a vast experience in Robotic surgeries for Head & neck and thoracic malignancies. He also has a special interest in minimally invasive thoracic surgery using uniportal thoracoscopy / Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgeries (VATS) and robotic assisted thoracic surgeries (RATS) .He has numerous national and international.
MBBS,MS (General Surgery), DNB (Surgical Oncology)
10. Dr. Umanath Nayak Karopadi
- REGISTRAR IN SURGICAL ONCOLOGY; CANCER INSTITUTE(WIA) MADRAS, INDIA 16MAR 1989-26 AUG 1989
- RESIDENT IN SURGICAL ONCOLOGY( KIDWAI MEMORIAL INSTITUE ONCOLOGY BANGLORE) SEPT 20 1989- 4 Mar 1990
- Lecturer in head & neck surgery( KIDWAI MEMORIAL INSTITUE ONCOLOGY BANGALORE) 5 mar 1990- 20 nov 1992
- Fellow in head & neck oncology & skull base surgery( university of california , Davis medical centre, Sacramento, CA ,USA 30 NOV 1992- 30 JUNE 1994
- CLINICAL OBSERVER IN HEAD & NECK; MEMORIAL SLOAN- KETTERING CANCER CENTRE( NEW YORK, USA) JULY 1994
- CONSULTANT HEAD & NECK SURGEON; APOLLO HOSPITAL HYD INDIA 1994 OCT ONWARDS
- UICC; NETHERLANDS CANCER INSTITUTE AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS 28FEB 1999- 28MAR 1999
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
MBBS; MS (General Surgery); Fellowship in Head & Neck Oncology Surgery