Top 10 Gynecologic Oncologists in India
List of top 10 gynecologists in India is based on our research:
1. Dr. Sabhyata Gupta
Dr. Sabhyata Gupta is the first gynecologist in India to perform robotic gynaecological surgery for cancerous and benign (non-cancerous) gynaecological conditions, Dr. Gupta’s numerous specializations include gynaec oncology, colposcopy, advanced gynaec laparoscopy, robotic surgery and hysteroscopy. She is also a member of the International Gynaecological Cancer Society, the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology, the Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Societies of India and the Indian Medical Association.
|QUALIFICATIONS||INSTITUTE / DEPARTMENT||YEAR|
|MD (Gynaecology)||Government Medical College, Jammu||1991|
|Robotic Gynaecological surgery training||France||2010|
|Observership training programme in Uro-gynaecological Oncology||Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mumbai, India||–|
|Diploma-Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery||University Hospitals Schieswig–Holstein, Kiel (Germany)||2006|
|Indo German Training Course in “Advanced Endoscopic Surgery in Gynecology||Giessen School of Endoscopic Surgery (Germany)||–|
2. Dr. Rama Joshi
Dr. Joshi is a Gold Medalist MBBS Graduate from SMS Medical College, University of Rajasthan and completed her MS (Obstetrics Gynaecology) in 1989. She is the recipient of 6 Gold Medals including the prestigious Pfizer Gold Medal of Post Graduate Medical Education. awarded Bhamashah Award for academic excellence. She has done her Clinical Fellowship in Gynae Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and has undergone Training in Gynae Oncology from Comprehensive Cancer Centre, University of Michigan, USA Lyon, France. She has also been awarded the UICC Fellowship in Gynaecological Oncology from B.G.H, Buffalo, NY, USA. For the last 20 years, she has been a dedicated gynae oncologist gynae onco-surgeon. Dr. Joshi has been associated with several large organizations such as the Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, New Delhi and Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon besides others. Prior to joining Fortis, she was associated with B.L.K. Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi as Senior Consultant HOD Gynae Oncology where she had set up the entire department of Gynae Oncology. She has many publications in National International journals and book chapters to her credit. She has been an Invited Faculty in several national international conferences and CMEs. She has organized national international Gynae Cancer Conferences and had been the team leader of Globe-athon India, Delhi walk to end Gynaecological cancers in 2013. Her area of interest includes clinical research, radical surgeries for all diagnosed, suspicious and recurrent gyanecological cancers as well as management of gynaecological pre-cancerous lesions.
MBBS, MS (Obs & Gynae)
3. Dr. Shradha Chaudhari
Dr. Shradha Chaudhari is a Senior Consultant at the department of Gynaecology and Gynae Oncology at Medanta -The Medicity, Gurugram. Her expertise lies in benign gynaecology, minimally invasive surgery and laparoscopy, vaginal surgery, providing comprehensive services for adolescence health, cancers as well as pre-cancers.. She has many academic achievements and publications to her credit.
|QUALIFICATIONS||INSTITUTE / DEPARTMENT||YEAR|
|Diploma in Minimally Invasive Surgery||Kiel School of Gynaecological Endoscopy, Germany||2014|
|Fellowship of Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists||ICOG, India||2014|
|Fellow of College of Physicians and Surgeons||College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai||2003|
|M.D. (Obst. & Gynae.)||Grant Medica College, Mumbai||2003|
4. Dr. Sarika Gupta
- She is presently working as Consultant Gynecologic oncology and Robotic Gynecology at Apollo Indraprastha Hospital, New Delhi.
- She accomplished Clinical Fellowship in state of the art Robotics and Gyne-oncology (2014-2016) from reputed Florida Cancer Institute, Orlando, Florida, USA. She is skilled in robotic surgery and treatment of all gynecologic cancers like cervix, uterus, vulvar , vaginal and ovarian cancer.
- She was awarded Diploma in Minimally Access Surgery in Gynecology in 2013 .
- She worked as Consultant gynecologic oncology at Dharamshila Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, New Delhi, India in 2013
- She undertook training in advanced Uro-Gynecological mesh procedures from University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany in 2013 and Crestwood Medical Center, Huntsville, Alabama, USA in 2011.
- She has a total of 13 years of clinical experience in Gynecology
- Area of specialization : Robotic Gynecology
MBBs, MD OB/GYN, Diploma in Minimally Access Surgery in Gynecology, Clinical Training in Pelvic Reconstruction USA 2011 Clinical Training in Uro-Gynecology Germany 2013 Clinical Fellowship in Gynecologic oncology USA 2014-2016
5. Dr. Rani Akhil Bhat
Dr Rani Bhat works as a Senior Consultant & Head Gynaecological Oncology Department at the HCG Cancer Hospital, Bangalore. After her MBBS, she obtained her post-graduate masters degree (MS – OBG) in Obstetrics and Gynaecology as well as the prestigious Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of the United Kingdom (MRCOG). She further trained in Gynaecological Oncology during her fellowships in this sub-specialty at the National Cancer Centre, Singapore and the KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Singapore. She also trained in Gynaecological Oncology and Robotic Surgery at the Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong. She also has a Diploma in Gynecological Operative Endoscopy from France.
She is a keen academician and has worked in academic roles as Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the Oman Medical College in the middle east (affiliated to the West Virgina University in the USA) and as Assistant Professor and Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at the Kasturba Medical College in Manipal.
She has a special interest in laparoscopic and robotic surgery and the surgical management of advanced gynaecological cancers. She is an accredited colposcopist by the SCCPS (The Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore) and a registered colposcopy trainer.
MS – OBG, MRCOG
6. Dr. Mukta Kapila
Dr. Mukta Kapila is a Senior Consultant and Unit Hed in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She has attained expertise in managing high risk pregnancy, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries as well as urogynaecological procedures with over 20 years of experience in the field. Widely travelled nationally and internationally, she has exposed herself to the best of hospitals and equipment worldwide and has finally settled in Gurgaon for last 12years. Added to her professionalism and skill is her outstanding nature which makes her very approachable and pleasant.
7. Dr. Kanika Gupta
- Chairperson Oncology Committee of AOGD
- European Society of Gynae Oncology (ESGO)
- Association of Gynae Oncologists of India (AGOI)
- Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of Delhi (AOGD)
- Federation of Obstetricians and Gynecologists of India (FOGSI)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Genital Infections & Neoplasia (AOGIN)
- Delhi GynaeEndoscopists Society (DGES)
- Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopy (IAGE)
- East Delhi Gynae Forum (EDGF)
- West Ghaziabad Gynae Forum
- Ghaziabad OBST &Gynae Society (GOGS)
- MBBS and MS (Obs&Gynae) from Jabalpur Medical College (1977-86) demonstrator in obst&Gynae, Jabalpur Medical collage
- Fellowship in Gynae cancer surgeries under the guidance of Prof. Neville Hacker, Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney, Australia
8. Dr. S. Mayadevi Kurup
An Obstetrician & Gynaecologist with more than 23 years of experience, Dr. S Mayadevi Kurup is an expert in all aspects of women’s health. The first Gynaecologist in Kerala to perform robotic surgery, she specialises in general gynaecology, high-risk obstetrics, maternal medicine and critical care in obstetrics. Trained at some of the finest medical institutions in the United Kingdom, United States and India, Dr. Mayadevi’s area of special interest is gynae-oncology.
FRCOG (Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom) | Training in Robotic Surgery (Surgical Intuitive Centre, Atlanta & Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, United States) | CCT (United Kingdom)n | MRCOG (Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom ) | DNB in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (National Board of Examinations, New Delhi) | DGO | MD in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram)| MBBS (Govt. Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram)
9. Dr. Sushma Prasad Sinha
- Dr Sushma Sinha is a highly skilled gynaecological surgeon and a renowned IVF expert with a more than 33 years of experience in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- She has worked in various teaching and non- teaching hospitals in India and UK and has been treating patients from different parts of India and many countries of the world.
- The reasons why she excels in her profession are because of her vast experience and knowledge, her empathetic and compassionate nature,
- ability to take pain to explain the patients in detail and unmatched skill to perform all kind of open, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. Gynaecological Expertise
- Infertility and IVF She has more than 18 years of experience in Assisted reproduction and has been performing IVF, ICSI, IVF with donor eggs programmes, IUI, Follicular monitoring.
- Being one of the first trained IVF experts in Delhi from UK, she is widely known for an excellent success rate in this field.
- All kind of laparoscopic surgeries such as ovarian cyst,
- fibroid, endometriosis, hysterectomy, fertility preservation surgeries etc.
- All kind of hysteroscopic surgeries.
- Vaginal surgeries – Prolapse, non- descent vaginal hysterectomy, vaginal rejuvenation surgeries etc. Abdominal surgeries – fibroids removal, hysterectomy, ovarian cyst removal, endometriosis treatment etc.
- Tubal surgeries, tubal reconstruction.
- Management of polycystic ovarian disease.
- Contraceptive advice.
- Medical/ operative management of ectopic pregnancy.
- Medical/ surgical pregnancy termination
- Colposcopy, loop cone cervical biopsy
- Pre-cancer screening and treatment
- Management of urinary symptoms Obstetrical expertise:
- Normal, vaginal and operative (LSCS) deliveries
- High risk pregnancy (with diabetes, high blood pressure, SLE etc.) management
- Painless delivery
- Pre-pregnancy advice
MBBS, MD, MRCOG(UK), FRCOG(UK), FICOG<FIMSA
10. Dr. Kaushiki Dwivedee
Dr. Kaushiki Dwivedee is well known Gynaecologist in Delhi and NCR with a post graduate degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology from India, UK and Australia.
Apart from her basic post graduate degree she has formal sub-specialty training in IVF (Australia), Uro-Gynaecology (Germany,UK) and Laparoscopy (UK), Onco Gynaecology (TATA memorial Hospital, Mumbai). Her specialization is in field of complete women healthcare solution.
She has worked as a consultant in all the above disciplines within and outside India. To maintain the global standards and to hone her professional development she undertakes every opportunity to work a few weeks, every year outside the country, in these mentioned systems.
She is registered with MCI, General medical council (UK) and Australian Health Care Practitioner Regulation Agency ( AHPRA,Australia)
Dr. Dwivedee has worked at Max Hospital, Gurgaon from 2007 -2014 as the ‘lead consultant for Laparoscopy, Urogynaecology and Oncogynaecology’ and have been commended for her exemplary surgical skills amongst other expertise.
Dr Kaushiki has an impeccable record of vaginal delivery rates which are at par with the WHO acceptable 80% rates, these include the most complicated pregnancies with medical disorders and recurrent miscarriages.
Recently she performed the first laser surgery for fibroid in Gurgaon using the diode laser. She also uses CO2 laser for vaginal rejuvenation surgeries. The other conditions treated by her are complicated IVF cases, Laparoscopy enhancing infertility surgeries, laproscopic hysterectomies, laparoscopic Ovarian surgeries including cancer surgeries, stress incontinence surgeries including mesh surgeries ( Only gynaecologist performing in Gurgaon), laproscopic and laser fibroid removal, laproscopic endometriosis surgery and other prolapsed and cosmetic vaginal rejuvenation surgeries.
She is a recognized trainer at MCI, Queensland University (Australia) and a DNB teacher of the introductory DNB programme at Artemis Hospital. She has many research papers to her credit in several reviewed journals. Dr. Kaushiki is also conducted several bariatric surgeries with associated weight loss in PCOD and its impact on subfertility. She has many published papers on urinary incontinence too.
A marathon runner and a weight lifter, she leads her patients on a journey to fitness by setting an example first.
M.B.B.S., M.D, MRCOG (London), FRANZCOG (Australia)
Fellowship in IVF (University of New South Wales, Sydney)
Fellowship in laparoscopy (Kent, United Kingdom)