Top 10 GI Cancer Surgeons in India
TOP 10 GI Cancer Surgeons in India
1. Dr. Adarsh Chaudhary
Having trained in UK and the USA, Dr. Adarsh Chaudhary is a doctor with a rich experience in Hepatabillary and Pancreatic surgery. He was instrumental in starting one of the first departments of Surgical Gastroenterology in India. He has also won a number of highly prestigious awards and has been inducted in to respected medical associations such as his fellowships at the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and the World Health Organization, USA.
|FRCS||Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons||2004|
|M.S.(General Surgery)||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh||1981|
|M.B.B.S.||H.P. Medical College||1978|
2. Dr. Ajay Kumar Kriplani
Dr. A.K. Kriplani is the Past President and trustee of the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons. He has the credit of being first in India to perform laparoscopic adrenalectomy and laparoscopic splenectomy and performing first laparoscopic whipple pancreatico-dudodenectomy in North India. Dr. Kriplani has been invited as a faculty for 395 live demonstrations / Guest lectures/ orations/ key-note addresses in conferences in various Indian cities and outside India e.g. Rome, Hongkong, Kualalumpur, Singapore, Teshkent, Dubai, Kathmandu, Dhaka etc. Recipient of 20 Awards/honours/orations. He has been the organising chairman for 10 National Conferences / Workshops/ courses. He has trained hundreds of surgeons in laparoscopic surgery from India and adjoining countries like Nepal, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc. Post Graduate Examiner for many universities and guide for thesis.
MBBS, MS (General Surgery)
3. Dr. Vaithiswaran Velayoudam
Dr. Vaithiswaran is an eminent Surgical Oncologist specialising in Gastrointestinal and HPB cancers. His area of expertise is in Minimally Invasive management of cancers of the gastro- intestinal tract, the liver and the pancreas.He received his medical and surgical training from distinguished institutions in the country such as JIPMER and AIIMS. He has a rich experience of over 12 years in the field of surgical oncology.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 1998
- Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery from JIPMER, Pondicherry, India in 2003
- MRCS from Glasgow, UK in 2006
- Senior Residency in Surgical Oncology- AIIMS, New Delhi 2004 to 2008
- Former Assistant Professor in Department of Surgical Oncology at NIMS, Hyderabad
- Former Consultant Surgeon in Minimally Invasive and GI surgery, GEM hospital, Coimbatore
- Former Senior consultant and Head, Department of Minimally Invasive and GI surgery, Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
- Performed Live surgical demonstrations in national and state conferences
- Focus on multi-modality and Tumor board based management on GI and HPB cancers
- Focus on Early recovery protocols (ERAS) after major surgeries of GI and HPB cancers
PUBLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Invited faculty in many National and International conferences.
- Co-authored landmark articles in the field of minimally invasive surgery for GI cancers which are published in peer reviewed journals.
- More than twenty abstract publications in International conferences
- Faculty at skill courses conducted by National Associations – IAGES, IASG, AMASI
- Presented over 15 papers at International conferences
- Fellowships: Fellow of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India, Fellow of Association of Surgeons of India
- Best of Videos Presentation: IASG, Pune 2015
- Best Paper: IASG, Hyderabad 2009
- Best Paper: ISDE, Kagoshima 2010 (Co- Author)
- Best Videos session: IAGES Hyderabad 2017
- Certificate of Honour (MBBS) in Microbiology, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Preventive and Social Medicine and Biochemistry
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Minimally Invasive (key-hole) radical surgery for
- Esophageal cancers
- Colorectal cancers
- Stomach cancers
- Pancreatic cancers
- Liver cancers
4. Dr. Durgatosh Pandey
Dr. Durgatosh Pandey is a Renowned Surgical Oncologist has an experience of 25 years in this field. He completed MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1995, MS – General Surgery from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1999 and M.Ch – Surgical Oncology from Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai in 2004.
- Surgical Fellow, Hepatobiliary Surgery Et Liver Transplantation, 2006-07 (Singapore)Visiting Fellow, Video
- Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) a Robotic Thoracic Surgery, 2015 (USA)
MS, DNB, M.ch, M.Ch. (Surgical Oncology) Cancer Institute WIA Chennai, The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
5. Dr. Deepak Govil
- Dr. Deepak Govil is an Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, GI Surgery specialist at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Considering his experience of more than 3 decades, Dr Govil is considered as one of the best medical professionals for Surgical Gastroenterology in New Delhi.
- He reigns the complex techniques of robotic prostate surgery and robotic reconstruction.
MBBS, MS, Ph.D
6. Dr. Govind Nandakumar
Dr Govind Nandakumar is the Chief of Gastrointestinal Surgery at Columbia Asia Hospitals in Bangalore. Dr. Govind specializes in various modalities of Gastrointestinal surgery including Robotic Surgery and HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) treatment for abdominal cancers.After completing his MD from the esteemed Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York in 2004, he specialized further, completing residency in General Surgery at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell in June, 2009. He pursued Fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Washington University and underwent advanced training in management of Upper Gastrointestinal and Hepatopancreaticobiliary (HPB) Oncology.After a highly successful stint in the US, Dr Govind has returned to India and joined Columbia Asia Hospitals. The Integrated Digestive and Liver Care Program is a result of his clinical expertise and the vision shared by him and the hospital.
MD (Medicine), Resident, Fellow, Adv Training
7. Dr. Balachandar T G
- SGE from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)-New Delhi
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS)-Lucknow
- Asian Institute of Gastro Enterology (AIG)- Hyderabad
- University of Vienna and Austria
- North-western University Hospital, Chicago, U.S.A for Liver Transplantation Program
- Performed major Surgical operations in Liver, Pancreas, Gall bladder, Colorectal, Oesophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine, Large Intestine and Rectum including GI cancer
- Performed basic and advanced Laparoscopic surgery expert in Piles and Fistula Surgery.
MBBS, MS(GS), MAMS, MCh(Gastro), FRCS
8. Dr. Vedant Kabra
Dr. Vedant Kabra is Director of Surgical Oncology at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon. He received Surgical Oncology training from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and National Cancer Centre, Singapore. Dr. Kabra has experience of over 12000 cancer surgeries and has successfully performed various complex oncosurgical procedures including Robotic Surgery for Cancer. He has been a faculty at various international and national conferences, has numerous papers and three book chapters to his credit apart from various awards for academic excellence.
Dr. Kabra is passionate about spreading cancer awareness through regular health talks, awareness drives and self examination camps. He is also spearheading the tobacco cessation movement – Voice of Tobacco Victims (VoTV) in Gurgaon and Haryana.
MBBS, MS(GS), MAMS, MCh(Gastro), FRCS
9. Dr. Sandeep Nayak P
Dr Nayak is one of the leading senior Surgical Oncologists (cancer surgeon) of Bangalore. He is one of the pioneers of Laparoscopic cancer treatment (surgery). He has had his graduate, postgraduate and postdoctoral training from some of the leading medical colleges in India. He also has a fellowship in laparoscopic and robotic onco-surgery. In the medical career spanning from 1999, he has widely travelled and has worked in many centers of repute in India and abroad. He is a Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK and many other professional associations. He has many scientific publications to his credit. He has also been bestowed with many accolades during his career in the field of Oncology. He was one of the well respected and loved teaching faculties at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology. He is widely experienced in open, laparoscopic and robotic cancer surgeries.
MBBS, MS(GS), MCh(Gastro), He also has a fellowship in laparoscopic and robotic onco-surgery.
10. Dr. Rudra Prasad Acharya
Dr.Rudra Prasad Acharya is an accomplished cancer surgeon with an experience of over 15 years. Currently Dr Rudra Prasad Acharya is working as Director & Head Surgical Oncology at Max Cancer Center, Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi, India.
Dr Rudra has worked as Cancer surgeon at various cancer hospitals in India before joining as Sr. Consultant & Head Surgical Oncology at Max Super speciality Hospital,New Delhi, India. He has been associated with some of the best cancer hospitals in Delhi / NCR like B L Kapur Hospital, New Delhi, Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon and Asian Hospital, Faridabad, India.
MS, FAIS, FIAGES, DLS, Fellowship In Surgical Oncology.