Top 10 ENT Surgeons in India
List of top 10 ENT surgeons in India is based on our research:
1. Dr. K K Handa
Dr. K.K Handa is the Chairman of ENT and Head Neck Surgery at Medanta. He has more than 27 years of experience in the specialty. He has also worked as Associate Professor, Department of ENT, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and was a faculty member there for 13 years. He is the former President of Association of Phono-surgeons of India and was the association’s Founder Secretary. He is among the foremost voice and laser surgeons in the country. His expertise includes laryngology, voice surgery, laser surgery, cochlear implants, endoscopic sinus surgery and head and neck surgery.
|Commonwealth Fellowship for Training in Lasers||Glasgow Royal Infirmary, U.K.||2004|
|Senior Residency||PGIMER, Chandigarh||1996|
|DNB||National Board of Examination, New Delhi||1994|
|MNAMS||National Medical Academy, New Delhi||1995|
2. Dr. (Prof.) Rajeev Puri
- More than 25 years of experience into the premier institutions viz.
- Maulana Azad Medical College and Assoc LN & GB Pant Hospitals, in the field of ENT & Head and Neck Surgery.
- Besides, being is the teaching faculty as professor before joining Apollo, Fellowship at MD Andersn Cancer Centre, Houstan, Texas, USA
MBBS, MS, FICS
3. Dr. Aru Chhabra
Dr. Aru Chhabra Handa is a graduate of Amritsar Medical College and did her postgraduation in ENT from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. She is trained in all routine and emergency surgeries of ear, nose and throat. She has more than 26 years of experience in the field of ENT. She worked as Assisstant Professor AIIMS, New Delhi and also has experience from working at different places like PGIMER Chandigarh, Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh, Safdarjung Hospital, Moolchand Hospital and Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi. She has expertise in endoscopic nasal and sinus surgery, rhinoplasty, microear surgery and neuro- otological disorders. She has special interest in paediatric otorhinolaryngology. She has about 40 publications in various international and national journals and book chapters. She has presented papers, been a panelist and guest faculty in various CMEs, workshops and conferences. She has been organizer and co- organizer for various CMEs and Workshops.
|D.N.B. (Oto-Rhino-Laryngology)||National Board of Examinations, New Delhi||1995|
|M.S. (Oto-Rhino-Laryngology)||PGIMER, Chandigarh||1993|
|M.B.B.S||Amritsar Medical College, Gurunanak Dev University, Amritsar||1988|
4. Dr. Ameet Kishore
- Experienced in all aspects of ear, nose, throat and head-neck. Special areas of interest are diseases of the ear (deafness, dizziness), Cochlear Implants, nose and sinuses.
- Experience at Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow (UK) has provided skills in paediatric ENT.
- Has expertise in microscopic ear surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, micro-laryngeal surgery, lasers and radiofrequency, cochlear implants and implantable hearing aids (BAHA & Vibrant Soundbridge).
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
MBBS(AFMC), FRCS(Glas), FRCS(Edin), FRCS-ORL(UK)
5. Dr. Atul Kumar Mittal
Dr. Atul Mittal is an eminent E.N.T. Specialist, with a rich experience of over 19 years. He is the Director of ENT at Fortis Memorial Research Institute. An MBBS, MS from Delhi University, Dr. Mittal’s surgical skills span the entire continuum of Otorhinolaryngology, having performed more than 150 surgeries in the past year alone. His areas of interest and expertise are – Minimal Access Endoscopic Sinus and Skull Base surgeries, Balloon Sinuplasty, Endoscopic Adenoidectomy and Sleep Surgery. He has many publications in national and international journals to his credit and also actively participates in conferences and CME’s.
6. Dr. Sanjay Kumar Gudwani
- Besides Basic ENT , Special interest in Minimal Invasive Nasal and sinus Surgeries(Endoscopic FESS) , Rhinology including Aesthetic Surgeries like Rhinoplasties and facioplastic procedure.
- Endoscopic DCR
- Anterior and lateral skull base surgeries
- Including Advanced nasal tumours and other conditions.
- Cochlear Implants and other middle ear implants Surgeries.
- Sleep related disorders such as snoring and OSA surgery.
- MBBS(MAMC) ,Delhi University
- MS(ENT) Safdarjang Hospital, Delhi University
- Fellowship in Anterior and Lateral Skull base surgery,
7. Dr. Kalpana Nagpal
More than 15 years’ experience in skilled Microscopic and Endoscopic Surgeries in ENT including skull base. Our team has the maximum data (Apollo hospitals, New Delhi) on procedures done for obstructive sleep apnea patients with gratifying results.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is the largest private Hospital in North India where patients come from different parts of India, Middle East, Russia, Afghanistan,Nepal,Bangladesh,and Burma etc. Most cases are either complicated or have failed from previous procedures done elsewhere. Being part of the senior faculty we have had great opportunity and experience in dealing with challenging and difficult cases.
MBBS, MS (ENT), DNB (ENT)
8. Dr. Shashidhar T B
Dr Shashidhar TB is an exceptionally talented, hard working, dedicated consultant ENT and Head and Neck surgeon with enormous experience in handling challenging cases. His clinical interests include airway reconstruction, treating swallowing disorders, sleep apnea surgery, general ENT to go along with pediatric ENT. Considering his international exposure (abroad training), he is perfectly capable of providing top notch treatment to his patients. Dr Shashidhar is a passionate learner with a flair for research, academics and teaching. In a career filled with accolades and achievements, Dr Shashidhar TB has never let the positivity get to his head. He is one of the calmest medical professionals practicing today. To his credit are numerous publications in national and international journals. He was the Runner-Up in International Pediatric Otolaryngology conference for the best paper award. Being a pediatric ENT, he has done thousands of successful surgeries on infants. Sometimes, Dr Shashidhar has taken up those cases which others have given negative response to.
M.B.B.S. , M.S. (ENT) , ECFMG (USA)
9. Dr. Karthik Shamanna
Dr. Karthik Shamanna is a Consultant ENT Specialist / Otorhinolaryngologist at Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore. He has an experience of more than 15 years, and is a well-known name in his field. His services offered, include Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery, Rhinoplasty, Hearing Loss, Nasal, and Sinus Allergy Care, etc. He has completed his MBBS from Sri Siddhartha Medical College and Research in 1996. He then went on to get MS in ENT from Kasturba Medical College in 2002. Later, he obtained MRCS from The Royal College of Surgeon of Edinburgh, UK in the year 2009.
10. Dr. Arvind Soni
- Consultant ENT surgeon at Soni Nursing Home & research Centre-January,1986 to May,1992,
- Worked as ENT specialist with Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 27 May,1992 to 2 April,1997,
- Worked as visiting ENT Consultant since May 1997 at indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Hospital, Noida, Sukhda Hospital, G.K-1, Working as senior consultant ENT at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals. Presently doing Endoscopic nasal & Sinus Surgery including Skull Base surgery as main area of interest & expertise.
- elected and served as Chairman Editorial Board of Indian Journal of Otolaryngology & Head & Neck surgery since marchh 2012 to 2015
- elected & served as president of All India Rhinology Society since march 2013 to 2014,