Top 10 Cardiologists in India
1. Dr. Balbir Singh
A winner of the prestigious Padma Shri award, Dr. Balbir Singh specializes in coronary angioplasty, electrophysiology, radiofrequency ablation for arrhythmias, pacemakers and devices that treat heart failure which has earned him faculty status at all major conferences both in Europe and America. He has also pioneered several new techniques and procedures in invasive cardiology and is a fellow of American college of cardiology.
|D.M. (Cardiology)||GB Pant Hospital||1991|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||Maulana Azad Medical College||1987|
|M.B.B.S.||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||1983|
2. Dr. Ashok Seth
Dr. Ashok Seth is the current Chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi and Head, Cardiology Council of Fortis Group of Hospitals. His contributions in the field of Cardiology, especially Interventional Cardiology have been recognised extensively in India as well as across the world. During his career span of 30-years, he has pioneered numerous angioplasty techniques Directional Atherectomy, Angioscopy, Stents, Thrombectomy devices and Drug Eluting Stents, use of Impella heart support device failing heart, Bioabsorbable Stents and TAVI and implemented it successfully both in India and other regions in Asia Pacific. He has performed one of the highest number of angiographies and angioplasties which has been mentioned in the ‘LIMCA Book of Records’.
Dr. Seth has been the President of the Cardiological Society of India and Vice President of the Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology. He was elected Board of Trustee of SCAI (USA) for the period 2007-2010
3. Dr. Manjinder Sandhu
Dr. (Col) MS Sandhu was the Senior Consultant (Hon’y) Interventional Cardiology at Batra Hospital and Medical Research Center, New Delhi before joining Artemis. He had a distinguished career in the Army Medical Corps and was last posted as Senior Adviser (Medicine and Cardiology) at Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt and was also holding appointment of Addl. Professor of Medicine and Cardiology at Army College of Medical Sciences, Delhi Cantt. He has been actively involved in teaching postgraduate students in Medicine and Cardiology and has also been a Principal Investigator in Research projects of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and Armed Forces Medical Research Committee. He has had the honour of being the accompanying Cardiologist to The President of India on tours.
MBBS – AFMC, Pune University, MD (Medicine) – AFMC, Pune University, DNB (Medicine) – National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, DM (Cardiology) – PGIMER, Chandigarh, FACC – Fellow of American College of Cardiology, FSCAI – Fellow of Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions.
4. Dr. Praveen Chandra
One of the leading cardiologists in the country, Dr. Chandra is proficient in a lot of new devices and latest technologies. He is a fellow of Endovascular Intervention Society of India and the Asia-Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology. He was also the key organizer and director of the AMI course in New Delhi for 2005, 2006, 2008 & 2010 and is an author to over 100 articles and reviews in leading medical journals.
|D.M. (Cardiology)||King George Medical College, Lucknow||1991|
|M.D. (General Medicine)||King George Medical College, Lucknow||1989|
|M.B.B.S||King George Medical College, Lucknow||1986|
5. Dr. K K Talwar
- Clinical experience of more than 39 years
- Director, Professor & Head of Department of Cardiology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- Former Professor & Head, Department of Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi
- MBBS, Punjabi University, Patiala
- MD (Medicine), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
- DM (Cardiology), Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- DSc (Hon CAUSA), NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, AP
- Fellow, National Academy of Medical Sciences (FAMS)
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy (FNA)
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
6. Dr. Ajit G. Desai
Dr. Ajit G. Desai is a Consultant Interventional Cardiologist with the Cardiology department at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre.
After completing MBBS and MD (Medicine), Dr Desai pursued DM followed by DNB (MNAMS) (Cardiology). He also received training in Interventional Cardiology under Dr. Alan Cribbier at Cardiac Center, Rouen, France.
Dr Desai has a rich experience of 30 years in the field of paediatric and adult non-invasive and interventional cardiology. Besides his association with our hospital, Dr Desai is an Interventional Cardiologist at Jaslok Hospital, Breach Candy Trust Hospital and Guru Nanak Hospital. Earlier, he was an Asst. Honorary Cardiologist at KB Bhabha Municipal Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr Desai has served in the capacity of Asst. Professor in Cardiology at T.N. Medical College in the past. He has delivered several guest lectures at national and international conferences. He has also conducted workshops on interventional procedures in PTCA and Rotablation.
Dr Desai has several national and international publications to his credit. He has also co-authored books on 2D Echocardiography and Clinical Cardiology.
He has performed the first TAVI (percutaneous aortic valve implantation) in western India.
MBBS, MD (Medicine), DM, DNB (MNAMS) (Cardiology)
7. Dr. S K Gupta
- Fellow Indian College of Cardiology Fellow Interventional college of Angiography Member Cardiology Society of India Working as interventional cardiologist for last 30 years Angiographies – 10000.
- Angioplasty – 7000 Pacemakers EPS Cardiac catheterization in congenital & valvular heart disease Valvuloplasty PDA & ASD closures
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
MD, DM, DIP.NB Cardiology, MNAMS, FICA (USA)
8. Dr. Vivek Gupta
- Vast Experience in Coronary Angiography, Balloon Angioplasty, Stent implantation, Pacemaker, Balloon Valvuloplasty, Biventricular Pacing Till now Dr Gupta has had more than 200 Invited Guest Lectures in various National And International conferences, has chaired session in about 500 different congresses, has attended about 100 different workshops, have about 53 research publications and has also guided few International thesis in India and Abroad
- Dr Gupta trains about 4-5 students from France and Nederland every year Training for overseas students 1-2 per year France Ms Camille Gojoz July – August 2006 Netherland Ms Nagita Khattri and Ms Rhasna – March 2007 France 6 students from France coming for observer training in July 2008
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
MD, DM, FESC, FEAPCI, FAPSIC,FCSI, FICC, FIC France, FIEIC, FSCAI
9. Dr. Sandip Rane
Dr.Sandip Rane is a renowned Cardiologist and is associated with Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi as Director ,Cardiology. He is trained in Interventional Cardiology in France, Germany & USA. He has more than 25 years of clinical practice & has performed more than 2000 complex angioplasties.
The doctor has immense experience in this field. In addition to dealing with conditions like congenital heart defects, coronary artery diseases, heart failures, valvular heart diseases and electrophysiology, he also offers diagnosis and treatment of certain conditions related to some parts of the circulatory system. Some of the common types of heart conditions that he treats include rheumatic heart disease, hypertensive heart disease, ischemic heart disease, cerebrovascular disease and inflammatory heart disease.
MD, DM (Cardiology)
10. Dr. Aparna Jaswal
- Successful CRT/CRT-D implants in extremely sick patients
- Successful implants in paediatric population
- Successful pacemaker implant in a 102 year old lady
- MBBS (Gold Medalist)
- MD (Medicine)
- DNB (Cardiology) (Gold Medalist)
- Certified Cardiac Device Specialist, IBHRE, USA