Vaginal Cancer Treatment
We have a full-fledged Oncology Care Unit and have excellent facilities to take care of your medical issues.
Facts on Vaginal Cancer
- Vaginal cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the vagina.
- Age and being exposed to the drug DES (diethylstilbestrol) before birth affect a woman’s risk of vaginal cancer.
- Signs and symptoms of vaginal cancer include pain or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Tests that examine the vagina and other organs in the pelvis are used to detect (find) and diagnose vaginal cancer.
- Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options.
- After vaginal cancer has been diagnosed, tests are done to find out if cancer cells have spread within the vagina or to other parts of the body.
- There are three ways that cancer spreads in the body.
- Cancer may spread from where it began to other parts of the body.
- In vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VAIN), abnormal cells are found in tissue lining the inside of the vagina.
- The following stages are used for vaginal cancer:
- Stage I
- Stage II
- Stage III
- Stage IV
- There are different types of treatment for patients with vaginal cancer.
- Three types of standard treatment are used:
- Radiation therapy
- Radiosensitizers drugs make tumor cells more sensitive to radiation therapy.
- Treatment for vaginal cancer may cause side effects.
- Patients may want to think about taking part in a clinical trial.
- Patients can enter clinical trials before, during, or after starting their cancer treatment.
- Follow-up tests may be needed.
Expert’s Opinion & Possible line of Treatment: – : –
Require evaluation, surgery followed by chemotherapy/radiation.
The patient needs complete evaluation cost will be approx. USD 800-1500.
If surgery is done the cost will be approx. USD 2800-3800 with 3-7 days stay in hospital.
Vaginal cancer treatment cost in India includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging. Each estimate is presented with the Physicians CV, Facility Information and Treatment Plan, transparently by the provider. There is “0.00” upfront charge to you!