Rectal Cancer Treatment
We have a full-fledged Oncology Care Unit and have excellent facilities to take care of your medical issues.
Rectal Cancer Facts
- Rectal cancer is the growth of abnormal cancerous cells in the lower part of the colon that connects the anus to the large bowel.
- Rectal cancer develops usually over years; its actual cause is not known, but risk factors include increasing age (over 50), smoking, family history, high-fat diet, or a history of polyps or colorectal cancer or inflammatory bowel disease.
- The major symptom of rectal cancer is bleeding from the rectum; other symptoms include anemia, fatigue, shortness of breath, dizziness and/or a fast heartbeat, bowel obstruction, small diameter stools, and weight loss.
- For diagnosis, exams and tests may include fecal occult blood testing, endoscopy, digital rectal examination, sigmoidoscopy, CT/MRI imaging studies, along with routine blood tests and detection of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA).
- Medical treatment depends on the stage of rectal cancer (stages I-IV), with IV being the most severe stage; multiple chemotherapy medications are available and are chosen by the specialist (oncologist) to fit the individual’s stage of rectal cancer; other specialists may need to be consulted.
- Surgery is used to both treat and reduce symptoms and, in some individuals, may result in a remission of the cancer.
- Radiation therapy is also used to kill or shrink rectal cancers.
- Follow-up is important to make sure that rectal cancer does not recur.
- Prevention involves detection and removal of precancerous growths.
- The outlook or prognosis for individuals with rectal cancer is usually related to the stage of cancer, with stages III and IV having the poorest outcomes.
Expert’s Opinion & Possible line of Treatment: – : –
Require PET CT, surgery followed by chemotherapy & Radiation therapy.
The patient needs complete evaluation followed by PET CT ,cost will be approx. USD 800-1500.
If surgery is done the cost will be approx. USD 6000-7500 with 7-9 days stay in hospital.
Rectal cancer treatment cost in India includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging. Each estimate is presented with the Physicians CV, Facility Information and Treatment Plan, transparently by the provider. There is “0.00” upfront charge to you!