Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery- Advancement of Medical Technology
What is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon?
An Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons someone who treats dental and medical problems involving the oral cavity and the maxillofacial area. The maxillofacial area of the body includes the bones of the forehead, face, cheekbones and the soft tissues.
Treatment often involves performing surgery and related procedures to treat diseases, defects, or injuries, and to improve function or appearance.
What does an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon do?
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons often meet with patients who are referred from their general dentist or primary care doctor after a diagnosis has been made.
Most think of oral and maxillofacial surgery as a dental specialty, but the type of work needed is usually much more intricate and complex than what a general dentist does. An oral and maxillofacial surgeon is really a combination of both a dentist and a medical doctor – many oral and maxillofacial surgeons have degrees in both dentistry and medicine.
There are several dental and medical conditions that may require surgery, such as:
- removal of impacted, damaged, and non-restorable teeth
- reconstructive surgery after removing tumours from the face, neck, jaw, or mouth. Corrective Jaw Surgery Cost in India
- temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ). Jaw Surgery, TMJ Surgery Cost in India
- infections of the oral cavity, salivary glands, jaws, and neck
- oral mucosa, such as mouth ulcers
- jaw surgery to realign the jaws (Orthognathic surgery cost in India)
- dental implants, and the regeneration of deficient bone and gum tissues
- structural abnormalities involving the mouth, neck or face
- congenital defects (cleft lip and palate and jaw growth problems)
- oral cancer (removal of tissue or tumours for biopsy)
- facial injuries including facial lacerations, intra-oral lacerations, and fractured facial bones
- cosmetic dental procedures (such as chin and cheekbone enhancements)
A facial and oral abnormality could not only interfere with someone’s ability to function normally, it can affect every part of their life. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons have the skills necessary to restore a person’s function and appearance, but foremost, a person’s ability to live normally.