- Visa Applicants should fill online visa application forms onindianvisaonline.gov.in and submit a print out of filled-in form with two colour photographs (51mmx51mm) and documents as specified below.
Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
- The sole purpose of travel should be of having a medical treatment in India.
- The applicant should seek medical treatment at reputed/specialized/recognized hospital in India.
- Two medical attendants are allowed to travel with the patient. They can be his/her family members, relatives or associates.
Document Required :
- Passport with 6 months validity and two blank pages.
- Visa fee in Great Britain Pound.
- Two current 50mm x 50mm photographs.
- Print of correctly filled online application form with applicant’s signature.
- Official letters signed and stamped from the concerned hospital in India should be provided on the letterhead of the hospital with applicant’s details. The letter should be addressed to the HCI, London or its respective consulates.
- Completed Medical Visa Undertaking.
- Provide previous passport with Indian visa if travelled to India before.
Medical visa processing time may vary as it is individually scrutinized by the High Commission of India itself. Roughly, it takes about 3 – 5 days for processing Indian medical visa in UK.
- Minimum 6 – 8 working days for non-UK passport holders staying in UK for less than 2 years.
- Minimum 7 – 8 weeks for nationals or origins of Pakistan.
- About 15 working days for nationals of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, China.
Contact Details Indian Embassy in UK
Website Address :
High Commission of India
||India House, Aldwych, London WC2B 4NA
||02086295950 (0930 to 1700 hrs on all working days)
020 7632 3035 (after office hours)
||020 7836 4331
||0915 hours to 1745 hours, Monday to Friday
Contact Details of Indian Visa and Consular Application Centres in the UK
Working Hours: 0830 – 1530
- Applicants should book an appointment to submit their visa applications.
- Mode of Payment:
- Postal Order (payable to VF Services UK)
- All major credit cards (except American Express & Diners Card)
- Demand/Banker’s Draft
- Personal or company cheques and cash are not accepted
- No applications will be accepted by post.
Address of Visa Application Centres
|London – Goswell Road
||142-148 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7DU
|London – Hounslow
||The Vista Centre, First Floor – Part A Block50 Salisbury RoadHounslowTW4 6JQ
||5 -14 South Road, Smethwick, Birmingham, B67 7BN
||1 Rennie’s Isle, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QT
||50 Devonshire Street North, Manchester, M12 6JH
||Office 404, 4th Floor, Premier Business Centre, 20 Adelaide Street, Belfast. BT2 8GD
||Suite 102A, QC30 Queen Charlotte Street, Bristol BS1 4HJ
||Skipton Chamber 16-18 North Parade, Bradford, BD13HT
||Gunner House, Neville Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE1 5DF
||Temple Court – 13a Cathedral Road, Cardiff CF11 9HA
||Suite No 207, Second Floor, Graeme House, Derby Square, Liverpool, L2 7ZH
||C/OPeepul’s Centre, Leicester, Orchardson Avenue, Leicester, LE4 6DP
||Central Chambers,2nd floor, Suite 201-202, 93 Hope Street, Glasgow, G26LD