- Visa Applicants should fill online visa application forms onindianvisaonline.gov.in and submit a print out of filled-in form with two colour photographs (51mmx51mm) and documents as specified below.
Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
- The sole purpose of travel should be of having a medical treatment in India.
- The applicant should seek medical treatment at reputed/specialized/recognized hospital in India.
- Two medical attendants are allowed to travel with the patient. They can be his/her family members, relatives or associates.
- Duly completed Visa Application Form.
- Endorsement of profession in passport is must where there is a provision.
- Two (02) recent color photographs with white background – 2 inch x 2 inch (Photo on the Passport and Form must tally with applicant’s present appearance).
- Photocopy on National Identity Card (N.I.C) / Driving License or Birth Certificate (For Sri Lanka national only).
- Address Proof (NIC/Driving License / Bank Statement / Rent Agreement / Telephone Bill / G S Certificate)
Medical Visa (M) & Medical Attendant Visa (MX): Applicants going to India for medical treatment need to submit the following:
- Original medical papers indicating appointment in India and treatment in Sri Lanka.
May fill up additional preform as below, on a separate page:
||In Sri Lanka
||Name of hospital/clinic which referred you to India.
Name of Doctor
|Name of hospital/clinic where you wish to undergo treatment.
Name of Doctor
||Complete address of hospital/clinic
||Complete address of hospital/clinic where you plan to go for treatment
||Tel No./fax No./E-mail/website address
||Tel No./fax No./e-mail/website address
- Duration of visa will be decided on a case-to-case basis. Generally maximum period is 6 months with Double Entry which can be extended subjected to fulfillment of conditions.
- This is not intended to be a complete list of documents that may be needed. High Commission reserves the right to seek additional documents post submission of application.
- The Passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months on the date of application with at least two blank pages.
- Tampered or damaged passports are not accepted.
- Some individual cases may require more time for processing.
- Applicants may have to attend an Interview at “The High Commission of India” / “Post” if required.
- High Commission of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.
HIGH COMMISSION OF INDIA
36-38 GALLE ROAD, COLOMBO-3
Working Hours:0900 – 1730 hrs (Monday-Friday)
Emergency Contacts : 2327587, 2421605, 2422788, 2422789.
(a) For queries related to Indian visas please contact 232 6921 or 242 1605, 242 2788 or 232 7587
(b) For queries related to Passport & Consular issues please contact at 242 2788
(c) For queries related to Commercial information, please contact 233 5552 or 245 4703
(d) For queries related to Press & Information, please contact 244 6892
(e) For queries related to Cultural events, please contact 244 6892 or 268 4698
High Commissioner’s Office:
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 2446403, 2448166
Website Reference : IVS Lanka
: Indian Embassy in Sri Lanka