- Visa Applicants should fill online visa application forms onindianvisaonline.gov.in and submit a print out of filled-in form with two colour photographs (51mmx51mm) and documents as specified below.
Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
- The sole purpose of travel should be of having a medical treatment in India.
- The applicant should seek medical treatment at reputed/specialized/recognized hospital in India.
- Two medical attendants are allowed to travel with the patient. They can be his/her family members, relatives or associates.
Five days are taken approximately to process medical visa from Oman to India.
- Original passport having six months validity beyond the date of intended departure from India and should have at least 2 blank pages.
- Photocopy of the first 5 pages of the passport and address page.
- Residence proof or ID Card issued by the Government of Oman.
- One to be pasted and another to be stapled at specified places in the application form.
- Print of online application form that is completely, correctly and neatly filled in English.
- Pakistani nationals in Oman have to fill a Special Visa application form (4 copies with 5 photos).
- Official letter of reference from the Oman doctor or hospital stating the need for the applicant to have specialized treatment abroad.
- A letter from the concerned Indian hospital stating the appointment made by the applicant and the willingness on their behalf to undertake the treatment.
Indian Embassy in Oman
||Diplomatic Area, Jami at Al-Dowal Al-Arabia Street, Diplomatic Qtrs., Al-Khuwair, PO Box 1727, Postal Code: 112, Ruwi Muscat Oman
||+968 – 2469 8291 (General)
+968 – 2469 2791 (Consular)
||+968 – 2469 5981 (24hr Emergency; only for labour and welfare issues)
||8:30am – 5:00pm (Embassy remains closed on Fridays and Saturdays)
BLS International Service Centre in Oman
||Al Tamimah Building (Polyglot Institute), C Block, 4th Floor, Wattaya, Muscat
||+968 – 24568970 / 24568971 (9:00 am – 5:00pm)
|Submission of application
||8:00am – 12:30pm and 1:30pm – 5:30pm
|Delivery of visa
||5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
||Saturday to Thursday
Website Reference :