- Visa Applicants should fill online visa application forms onindianvisaonline.gov.in and submit a print out of filled-in form with two colour photographs (51mmx51mm) and documents as specified below.
Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
- The sole purpose of travel should be of having a medical treatment in India.
- The applicant should seek medical treatment at reputed/specialized/recognized hospital in India.
- Two medical attendants are allowed to travel with the patient. They can be his/her family members, relatives or associates.
It takes about 15 – 20 days to process Indian medical visa in New Zealand..
Document Required :
- Print of completed and signed online visa application form.
- Medical visa fees.
- Original passport having minimum 6 months validity and two blank pages.
- Non-New Zealand nationals should submit completely and correctly filled additional form. Get the form right here.
- Two photographs of 2inch x 2inch. One should be pasted on the application form.
- Self-addressed prepaid courier envelope for delivering the applicant’s passport.
- In case of minors (under 18):
- Copy of birth certificate of the minor.
- Letter of consent signed by both the parents.
- Signature of both the parents in the online application form.
- In case of a single parent/guardian, the applicant has to submit additional documents: a copy of custody papers, death certificate of the deceased parent or proof of single parent status.
- An official letter from the doctor or the hospital in New Zealand stating that the applicant requires a medical treatment in India.
- An official letter from the concerned hospital in India stating the patient and the medical attendant’s name, treatment required and the duration of treatment.
- Current bank statement proving the availability of sufficient funds to support the applicant stay and treatment in India.
Contact Details Indian Embassy in New Zealand
High Commission of India
- Name: Shri Sandeep Sood
- Telephone: 0064 – 47224851
- Email ID: email@example.com
Address: Ranchhod Tower, Level 2, 102 – 112, Lambton Quay, PO Box: 4045, Wellington 6011
Working Hours: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday)
Submission of applications: 9:30am – 12:00pm
Delivery of Documents: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Note: In emergency cases consular documents can be submitted personally between 2:00pm – 4:00pm on all working days.
Website Reference : High Commission of India, Wellington, New Zealand