- Visa Applicants should fill online visa application forms onindianvisaonline.gov.in and submit a print out of filled-in form with two colour photographs (51mmx51mm) and documents as specified below.
Serious ailments like neurosurgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, congenital disorders, organ transplantations, radiotherapy, plastic surgery, gene therapy and others are of primary considerations in granting a medical visa. The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
- The sole purpose of travel should be of having a medical treatment in India.
- The applicant should seek medical treatment at reputed/specialized/recognized hospital in India.
- Two medical attendants are allowed to travel with the patient. They can be his/her family members, relatives or associates.
Application for Indian medical visa from Canada should be submitted at least 15 days before the applicant’s travel plans. Medical visa processing time varies according to the three jurisdictions of Canada:
- Ottawa Jurisdiction: 7-10 days (Canadian passport holder); 10 -15 days (non)
- Toronto Jurisdiction: 7 days (Canadian); 15 – 21 days (non)
- Vancouver Jurisdiction: 5 -7 working days for all
Document Required :
- Print of the correctly filled online application form.
- One photo of 51mm x 51mm to be pasted on the first pasge of the application form.
- Signature in the application form should match with the signature in the applicant’s passport. (Both adults and minors).
- Original Canadian passport with a validity of 190 days and 2 blank pages.
- In case of non- Canadian/foreign passports:
- An additional form has to be filled completely and signed. Get the download link of the form right here.
- P.R. card or Work Permit valid for at least 6 months as proof of work status in Canada.
- Driver’s license, bank statement or utility bill as proof of address in Canada. The bank statement and the utility bill have to be less than 6 months old.
- All the documents required from non-Canadians remain the same in three jurisdiction of Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver except in Vancouver a proof of address is not required.
- An official letter from a registered doctor or hospital in Canada stating the applicant’s medical history and recommending his/her specialized treatment in India, the nature of assistance required by the applicant for medical treatment and the name of the medical attendant.
- An official letter from the concerned reputed/recognized/specialized hospital in India stating the date, place and duration of medical treatment.
- Proof of enough financial funds to support oneself during his/her stay in India.
- In case of minors (below 18) the following documents are required:
- Minor Consent Form – duly completed and signed by both parents.
- Both parents’ copy of passports and proof of address
- Minor travelling without parents:
- Notarized Affidavit indicating consent to travel. Both parents are to sign.
- If either parent is out of the country while applying, that parent is to provide the following in addition:
- Duly completed and signed Minor Consent Form.
- Notarized Affidavit indicating consent to spouse to travel with minor.
- Notarized photocopy of passport from Notary Public. Scanned copy of online visa application duly signed at Page 2.
- Supporting Document of Parent Residing in Canada: Copy of Passport Copy of Proof of Address
Contact Details Indian Embassy in Canada
||Contact Details of Indian High Comission and Consulates
||Contact Details of BLS International Centres
|National Capital Region of Ottawa: Hull Kingston, Cornwall, Hawkesbury, Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth, Prescott, Brockville, Carleton Place, Smith’s Falls, Morrisburg (all Ontario), & Montreal (Quebec), Nunavut Territories
||High Commission of India
- Ottawa: 150 Montreal Road, Unit 311, ON, KIL 8H2
- Montreal: 1000, Sherbrook Steet West, Unit 701,Montreal QC, H3A 3R7
|Ontario and Quebec: (excluding the places mentioned above)Toronto, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland
||Consulate General of India
- Address: 365 Bloor Street (East), Suite No. 700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
- Phone:(416) 960-0751/52/4831
- Fax:(416)960 9812
- Website: www.cgitoronto.ca
|Toronto: 1448 Lawrence Avenue E, Unit 6 A, ON, M4A 2V6
Brampton: 10 Gillingham Drive, Unit 201 , ON, L6X 5A5
Winnipeg: 1806, 201 Portage Ave, 18thFloor, MB R3B 3K6
|Saskatchewan, Alberta,British Columbia, Yukon Territory, North West Territories
||Consulate General of India
- Address: 201-325 Howe Street, 2nd Floor, Vancouver, B.C. V6C 1Z7
- Telephone: (604) 662-8811
- Fax: (604) 682-2471
- Website: www.cgivancouver.com
|Vancouver: Unit B-50, 850 West Hastings Street, BCV6C 1E1
Surrey – Unit 201-8140 120thStreet,Surrey V3W 3N3
Calgary – 5120, 47St NE # 131,Calgary, AB, T3J 4K3,
Edmonton – 3, 10016, 29a Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1A8
Working hours of BLS International:
Monday to Friday
Submission of application: 8am – 2pm
Collection: 3pm – 5pm
Website Reference :