Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
We have a full-fledged Liver Transplant Care Unit and have excellent facilities to take care of your medical issues with 95% success rates our program is a beacon of quality and hope for patients from across the world.
Treatment Plans & Cost:
Specialty Surgeon Complete Packaged Procedure for a Liver Transplant Cost in India-Liver Transplant in India Success Rate. The replacement of a diseased liver with a healthy liver allograft. Procedure technique is orthotopic transplantation in which the native liver is removed and replaced by the donor organ in the same anatomic location as the original liver.
Typically three surgeons and one anesthesiologist are involved, with up to four supporting nurses. The surgical procedure is very demanding and ranges from 4 to 18 hours depending on outcome. Numerous anastomoses and sutures, and many disconnections and reconnections of abdominal and hepatic tissue, must be made for the transplant to succeed, requiring an eligible recipient and a well-calibrated live donor match. By any standard, hepatic transplantation is a major surgical procedure with an appreciable degree of risk.
Facts on Liver Transplant Surgery
- The liver is the second most commonly transplanted major organ, after the kidney, so it is clear that liver disease is a common and serious problem.
- It is important for liver transplant candidates and their families to understand the basic process involved with liver transplants, to appreciate some of the challenges and complications that face liver transplant recipients (people who receive livers), and to recognize symptoms that should alert recipients to seek medical help.
- Some basics are as follows:
- The liver donor is the person who gives, or donates, all or part of his or her liver to the waiting patient who needs it. Donors are usually people who have died and wish to donate their organs. Some people, however, donate part of their liver to another person (often a relative) while living.
- Orthotopic liver transplantationrefers to a procedure in which a failed liver is removed from the patient’s body and a healthy donor liver is transplanted into the same location. This procedure is the most common method used to transplant livers.
- With a living donor transplant, a healthy person donates part of his or her liver to the recipient. This procedure has been increasingly successful and shows promise as an option to avoid long waiting times due to shortage of liver donors. It is also an option in children, partly because child-sized livers are in such short supply. Other methods of transplantation are used for people who have potentially reversible liver damage or as temporary measures for those who are awaiting liver transplants. These other methods are not discussed in detail in this article.
- The body needs a healthy liver. The liver is an organ located in the right side of the abdomen below the ribs. The liver has many vital functions.
Liver transplantation surgery in India is a well accepted treatment option for end-stage liver disease and acute liver failure. It is also one of the most expensive treatments in modern medicine. Treatment cost includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging.
Wellness Destination India Comments
Services Included for International Patients:
– Complimentary airport pickup / drop in a cab.
– Complimentary meals for one companion during hospital stay.
– Sofa cum bed is provided for the companion during hospital stay.
– Travel desk is available inside the hospital premises.
– Translation assistance.
– Room as per requirement. Separate arrangements of apartments also available.
– Dedicated attendants for every room round the clock.
– Transportation to and from hospital.
– Hygienic and customized food options