Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Low Cost Liver Transplant in India- Relative Donor (Blood Relations)
We have a full-fledged Liver Transplant in India Care Unit and have excellent facilities to take care of your medical issues with 95% success rates our program is a beacon of quality and hope for patients from across the world.
Treatment Plans & Cost:
Specialty Surgeon Complete Packaged Procedure for a Liver Transplant Cost in India-Liver Transplant in India Success Rate.
Our clinical team ( Top liver transplant doctors & hospitals in India ) has pioneered and perfected living donor liver transplants in both children and adult patients. Get all your questions answered about this innovative procedure, including what it involves, the benefits it offers donor recipients, and how to become a living donor.
A living donor liver transplantation in India is a surgery that removes a diseased or malfunctioning liver and replaces it with a portion of a healthy liver from a living donor. Due to the liver’s unique ability to regenerate, the partial livers of both the donor and recipient soon grow into complete organs.
Benefits of living donor liver transplantation in India?
Because this type of surgery uses a portion of a liver from a living donor, rather than a liver from a deceased donor, it offers several significant benefits:
- Shorter Waits: Typically, living donors are a family member or loved one of the recipient. This means there is no need to remain on a waiting list.
- Faster Recovery: Living donor recipients experience shorter hospital stays and are less likely to require blood transfusions or dialysis after their surgery.
- Improved Outcomes: Recipients of living donor livers have an average 5 percent better long-term survival rate than recipients of deceased donor livers.
In general, a living donor liver transplantation in India takes about four to six hours to remove the donor liver, then another six to 12 hours to implant it into the recipient.
The surgeon will begin by making a long incision across the donor’s abdomen to gain access to the liver. (If the recipient is a child, then a smaller laparoscopic incision will be made.) Next, they will remove a portion of the liver that they have previously decided is adequate for the recipient. This portion may make up anywhere from 25 to 65 percent of the liver. After controlling bleeding, they will then close the incision and take the donor to recovery.
In the second half of the surgery, the surgeons will implant the healthy liver portion into the donor recipient. To begin, they will make a long incision across the recipient’s abdomen, much as they did for the donor. Next, they will sever the existing liver’s attachments and remove it. Finally, the donor liver portion will be implanted. This will involve attaching their body’s veins, arteries, and bile ducts to the donor liver. This will reestablish key connections and ensure the donor liver can function properly. When this is done, the surgeon will close the incision.
In both the donor and the recipient, the liver will immediately begin regenerating itself once it has been implanted. This process generally takes between six and eight weeks to complete.
Liver transplantation surgery in India is a well accepted treatment option for end-stage liver disease and acute liver failure. It is also one of the most expensive treatments in modern medicine.
Liver transplant in India treatment cost includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging.
Wellness Destination India Comments
Services Included for International Patients:
– Complimentary airport pickup / drop in a cab.
– Complimentary meals for one companion during hospital stay.
– Sofa cum bed is provided for the companion during hospital stay.
– Travel desk is available inside the hospital premises.
– Translation assistance.
– Room as per requirement. Separate arrangements of apartments also available.
– Dedicated attendants for every room round the clock.
– Transportation to and from hospital.
– Hygienic and customized food options