Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Dr. Nitin Narayan Dange- Neurosurgeon- Wockhardt hospitals, Mumbai
M. B. B. S., M. S. (General Surgery), M.Ch. (Neurosurgery),
Consultant – Neurosurgery
Dr. Nitin Dange completed his M.B.B.S. from K.I.M.S Karad, Shivaji University in 1995. He subsequently pursued his M.S. in General Surgery from K.I.M.S Karad Medical College between 1998 and 2001. From thereon, he completed his M.Ch. in Neurosurgery from G.S. Medical College, Mumbai in 2005. He has a huge number of successful cranial, spinal and trauma operation cases since 2003. He has recently begun an Endovascular Neurosurgery Program in the Department of Neurosurgery, K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai, and is planning to develop it to world standards.
- Associate Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, K.E.M Hospital & Seth G.S.Medical College
- Consultant Neurosurgeon Lilavati Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai
- Editorial Assistant – Neurology India (Jan 2006 till Jan 2009).
- Vice president-Full timer Teachers Association of Seth G.S. Medical College and KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India (2009 – 2010).
- Life Member – Neurological Society of India
- Life Member – Skull Base Society of India
- Life Member – Bombay Neurosciences Association
- Life Member – Indian Stroke Association
Research and Publications
- Nitin Dange, Amit Mahore, AtulGoel: ”Ruptured Giant Dermoid Cyst Of Cavernous Sinus: An Unusual Case Report” – Journal of Clinical Neurosciences.
- Nitin Dange, Amit Mahore, Ritesh Kansal, AtulGoel: “Brain herniation through the anterior cranial floor in a long- standing frontal falcine meningioma”- Case Reports / Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 16 (2009) 1242–1243.
- Dange N., Bonde V., Goel A., Muzumdar D.: “Posterior fossa dermoid cyst in a patient with Goldenhar syndrome”: Pediatr. Neurosurg. 2007; 43(6):522.
- Nitin Dange, M.Ch., Amit Mahore, M.Ch., AtulGoel, M.Ch.: “Thoracic compressive myelopathy due to post-traumatic intradural migration of ossified yellow ligament.”
- Goel A, Dange N.: Case report: “Immediate postoperative regression of retroodontoid pannus after lateral mass reconstruction in a patient with rheumatoid disease of the craniovertebral junction.” Case report.J Neurosurg Spine. 2008 Sep;9(3):273-6.Review.
- Goel A. Sharma P. Dange N. “Techniques in the treatment of craniovertebral instability” in Neurology India Vol 53 No.4, Nov- Dec 2005.
- Goel A, Muzumdar D, Dange N. “One stage reduction and fixation for atlantoaxial spondyloptosis: report of four cases”. Br J Neurosurg. 2006 Aug;20(4):209-13.
- Menon R.K., Dange N.N., Desai K.I., Goel A., Nadkarni T.D.: “Cranial migration of completeventriculo-peritoneal shunt assembly”. J ClinNeurosci.2006 Aug 25.
- Goel A., Muzumdar D., Dange N. “Syringomyelia in Infants Secondary to Mobile Chronic mobile congenital atlantoaxial dislocation – Pediatr.Neurosurg. 2007;43(1):15-8.
- Joshi V., Muzumdar D., Dange N., Goel A., Supratentorial convexity dural-based cavernous hemangioma mimicking a meningioma in a child.PediatrNeurosurg. 2009;45(2):141-5. Epub 2009 Mar 25.
- Goel A., Muzumdar D., Nadkarni T., Desai K., Dange N., Chagla A. ‘Retrospective analysis of peripheral nerve sheath tumors of the second cervical nerve root in 60 surgically treated patients’. J Neurosurg.Spine. 2008 Feb;8(2):129-34
- CincuMarsalic R.N., Agrawal A., Dange N., Goel A. “Tincture benzoin as an antiseptic and adhesive for preoperative surgical preparation” Neurol India. 2007 Jan-Mar;55(1):88-9.
- Pujari V.B., Jimbo H., Dange N., Shah A., Singh S., Goel A. “Fiber dissection of the visual pathways: Analysis of the relationship of optic radiations to lateral ventricle: A cadaveric study.Neurol India. 2008 Apr-Jun;56(2):133-7
- Hingwala D.R., Sanghvi D.A., Shenoy A.S., Dange N.N., Goel A.H., “Colloid cyst of the velum interpositum: a common lesion at an uncommon site”. Surg Neurol. May 2008.
- O. Dange N., Mahore A., Avinash K.M., Joshi V., Kawale J., Goel A.: Chronic intradiploic hematoma in patients with coagulopathyJClinNeurosci. 2010 Aug; 17(8):1047-9. Epub 2010 May 26.
- M.B.B.S. from K.I.M.S Karad, Shivaji University in 1995.
- M.S. in General Surgery from K.I.M.S Karad Medical College between 1998 and 2001.
- M.Ch. in Neurosurgery from G.S. Medical College, Mumbai in 2005.
- Fellowship in Endovascular Neurosurgery – Japan,
- Observership in Vascular Neurosurgery – Barrow Neurological Institute, USA
- Vascular Neurosurgery (Endovascular and conventional)
- Stroke management
- Spinal cord tumours and intracranial meningiomas focusing complex, convexity,falcine, parafalcine and olfactory grove meningiomas
Awards & Honors
- Operated upon 1500 cranial, 300 spinal and 250 trauma cases by self since 2003 till date.
- Done about 400 diagnostic cerebral DSAs and about 200 therapeutic procedures in endovascular neurosurgery (e.g. coiling of aneurysms, carotid stenting, Tumor embolizations,Dural AVF embolisation, AVM embolisationetc)