Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Dr. Niranjan Naik- Surgical Oncology- Dharamshila Cancer Hospital
M.B.B.S. – Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore
M.S. (General Surgery) – All India Medical Institute of Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Onco Surgery – Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital (IRCH), AIIMS
Area of Expertise
Breast, Thoracic (Lung & Oesophagus), Gastro-Intestinal, Colo-rectal & Hepatobilliary Surgeries, Bone and Soft Tissue Cancer Surgeries and Laparoscopic (Minimally Invasive) Cancer Surgeries.
Dr. Niranjan B. Naik, Senior Consultant in Surgical Oncology is a well-known and recognized Onco-Surgeon of India. He has worked with the hospitals of national and international repute including All India Medical Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and Apollo Cancer Institute and has a wealth of knowledge and surgical expertise which he has accumulated in a career spanning of more than 18 years till date.
He has performed more than 7000 cancer surgeries including Breast, Thoracic, Gastro-Intestinal & Hepatobilliary Surgeries with maximum success rate. He is also trained in Laparoscopic Cancer Surgeries.
- Senior Consultant – Surgical Oncologist (Sept 2004 – Continuing): Dharamshila Cancer Hospital and Research Center, Delhi – 110 096
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist (June 2003 – Aug 2004): At
Mata Chanan Devi Hospital, Janakpuri
Millennium Hospital, Pusa Road, Karol Bagh
Kailash Hospital, NOIDA
- Associate Consultant (Dec 2001 – May 2003): Department of Surgical Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institute, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110044
- Senior Registrar(May 2000- Nov 2001): Department of Surgical Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institute, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110 044
- Senior Resident (Feb 1997- Mar 2000): Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital (IRCH), AIIMS, New Delhi – 110029
- Surgical management of Ovarian Cancers: Published in the Journal “Hospital Today” May 2000,Vol 5; No 5: p 191-198.
- Symptomatic outcome after Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Published in “Tropical Gastroenterology” July-Sept. 2000, Vol 21; No 3: p 144 – 148.
- Thymoma with Concomitant Tuberculous Lymphadenitis- A Rare Presentation: Published in “Indian Medical Gazzette” May 2000, Vol 134; No 5: p 166-168.
- Surgical management of Carcinoma Cervix: Published in the Journal “Hospital Today” Sept. 2000, Vol 5; No 9: p 431-438.
- Vertical rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap cover for lower abdomen, chest wall, groin and thigh defects following resection of malignant tumors: Published in “Indian Journal of Cancer” March 2001, Vol 38; No 5: p 33-37.
- Adult pelvic embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma presenting as lower gastrointestinal bleeding – A case report: Published in “The Indian Practitioner” July 2001, Vol 54; No 5: p 522-524.
- A comparative study of modified radical mastectomy using harmonic scalpel and electrocautery: Published in “Singapore Medical Journal” May 2002, Vol 43; No 5: p 226-228
Abstracts / Publications
- Symptomatic outcome after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: XIV Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India (Delhi chapter) in November 1995.
- Endoformalin Therapy (EFT) for grade III Radiation Proctitis – IRCH Experience: NatCon IASO ′98 in October 1998.
- Vertical rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap reconstruction following radical oncological resections: IV Annual conference of American College of Surgeons (India chapter) in January 1999.
- Pectoralis major flaps in the surgical management of oral cancer: VIII Biennial National Conference of the Indian Society of Oncology in March 1999.
- Neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in locally advanced carcinoma stomach : NatCon – IASO ′99 in October 1999.
- Persistent Mullerian Duct Syndrome with bilateral synchronous testicular tumours – An unusual presentation: XV Asia Pacific Cancer Conference, Chennai in December 1999.
- Fertility preserving extra scrotal orchiopexy prior to groin radiotherapy and subsequent testicular reposition – A report of two cases: XV Asia Pacific Cancer Conference, Chennai in December 1999.
- Sternal chondrosarcoma – A report of two cases: Asia Pacific Cancer Conference, Chennai in December 1999.
- Recent advances in Breast Conservation surgery: International Cancer Congress by Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi in November 2005.
- Changing scenario in oncology:National Cancer Conference, Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi in November 2005.
- Organ preservation in Oncology: National Cancer Congress by Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, Delhi in February 2007.
Training Courses / Workshops
- Heart Airway Rescue Training Course: Organized by Department of Surgery, AIIMS, New Delhi in November1995.
- Advanced Techniques in Endoscopic Surgery – Laparoscopic suturing & knotting – Organized in collaboration with Leeds Institute of Minimally Invasive Therapy, UK and AIIMS, New Delhi in March 1996.
- Ethicon Suture practicum Workshop on Suturing and Anastomosis: AIIMS, New Delhi in August 1996.
- Workshop on Advanced Laparoscopic surgery and Laparoscopic Suturing and Knotting: AIIMS, New Delhi in September 1996.
- Simulated training programme on PROXIMATE* staplers: Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Mumbai in September 1999.