Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Dr. K. R. Balakrishnan- Cardio Thoracic Surgery & Heart Transplant Surgeon- Fortis Malar Hospital
Director Cardiac Sciences & Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Areas of Expertise: Cardio Thoracic Surgery
- Senior Registrar to Sir Brian Baratt-Boyes,, Cardio Thoracic Unit, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
- (1987-1988) – Fellow in Cardiac surgery, Oregon Health Sciences , University and St. Vincent Hospital
- Portland, OREGON with Dr.Albert Starr – (1989-90)
- Specialist Cardiac Surgeon, Railway Hospital, Perambur, Madras – June 1990 – August 1994
- Independently performed over 16,000 heart operations
Awards & Honors
- First Prize in surgery(1976), awarded by the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, India
- First in the University, Obstretics and Gynaecology(1976), Awarded by the University of Madras.
- First in the University, Medicine, awarded by the University of Madras.
- Hiralal gold medal in surgery awarded by All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- First rank and distinction,cardiothoracic board finals, University of Bombay.
- First distinction ever to be awarded by the Bombay University in the speciality