Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Dr.Gaurav Sagar- Nephrologist- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals New Delhi
MBBS, MD, DNB
13 Years of experience
English, हिंदी, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
MBBS, MD, DNB
- 12 Years Post MD 10 Years Experience in Nephrology
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since last Assignment
- DMC- 13398
Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis, Adrenalectomy, Kidney Surgery
Awards and Achievements
- First Workshop in Intervention Nephrology in North India.
- He was an amongst the first few nephrologists in India who has received a formal training to do tunneled dialysis catheter. In the last three years I have done more than 50 tunnelled dialysis catheters.
- He was instrumental in organizing a workshop on vascular access, the first of its kind in India in corroboration with DNS in September 2010.The workshop had excellent attendance with accolades from all those who attended.
- He was part of the team which carried out all combined liver-kidney transplant cases in last three years. My experience in liver transplant has helped me understand the complexities associated with this challenging field. I have been managing replacement therapies in these critical patients and am well versed with MARS as well as CRRT.
- He had a poster presentation in the prestigious vascular access conference at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia titled “End of the road therapy: Vascular access in a difficult situation”.
- He has come up with the concept of vascular access clinic which hopefully would soon be shaping up.
- Under my expertise our team has been running a successful stand-alone dialysis unit in collaboration with CGHS at Sadiq Nagar CGHS dispensary. We are doing 500 dialysis in a month in three shifts daily. Our unit has been a role model for others with appraises from the government sector as well.
- He is also working on angioplasty and stenting of occluded AVF which I hope to develop in next 2-3 years. Surveillance of vascular access is also an area of special interest where I am pursuing research.
- He is a part of the team which carried out the first successful ABO incompatible renal transplant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital. I have ample experience in managing difficult situations in renal transplant