Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Dr.Aabha Nagral- Liver Transplant Surgeon- Apollo Hospitals Mumbai
26+ years of experience
MBBS, MD, DNB (Gastro), Fellowship in Hepatology and Liver Transplanation
Qualifications and Training
- MBBS, MD and DNB n Gastroenterology at KEM Hospitaal, Mumbai
- Clinical Fellowship in GI and Hepatobiliary Cancers at Tata Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship in Hepatology & liver transplantation at Mayo Clinic, USA and Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
- Training in Pediatric Hepatology at King’s College Hospital, London UK
- Hepatologist and Gastroenterologist at Apollo Hospital, Jaslok Hospital Bhatia Hospital. Previously attached to Fortis Hospital and Kasturba Hospital of infectious diseases.
- Teaching UG, PG and Gastroenterology students for last 20 years, including thesis guide for National Board of Examination (NBE) candidates
- Senior Consultant Apollo Hospital
- Senior Consultant Jaslok Hospital
- Governing Council Member – Indian National Association for Study of Liver
- Managing trustee Children’s Liver Foundation (www. childrenliverindia.org)
- Liver Committee Member, ZTCC (Zonal Transplant Coordination Committee)
- Past President – Maharashtra Chapter of Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- MMC -55664
Parking,Pharmacy,Cafeteria,Ambulance,Waiting Lounge,Laboratory,Radiology,ICU,Travel Desk
Awards and Achievements
- The P. N. Berry Scholarship for India for the year 1992. Visited G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute, Lucknow, Christian Medical College, Vellore as part of the scholaship.
- The Lotus Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad (USA)
- The Netervala Foundation Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
- The Phirojshah Godrej Trust Scholarship 1993 for travel abroad. (USA)
- The P. N. Berry Scholarship (administered by the High Commission of India, London) for UK for the year 1995-96.
- The K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for higher training abroad (UK) for the year 199596.
- Awarded the Young Investigator Travel Bursary for the European Association of the Study of Liver(EASL) conference in London, April, 1997
- Felicitated by Uttaranchal Mahasangh, Mumbai on 09/05/2008 in the programme of Mahila Gaurav Samann
- Invited to deliver the SL Bose Memorial Oration in 2015 at Bhubaneswar during the 4th Purbanchal Gastrocon 2015 on ” Metabolic liver disease in adults ” at Bhubhaneshwar
Research and Publications
- 81 International and National publications related to Hepatology, Liver transplantation, Pediatric Hepatology and Gastroenterology
- Delivered more than 500 lectures and conference presentations in National and International forums, co-authored many text book chapters Important Publications on Wilson Disease, Budd Chiari syndrome, Gaucher disease, Liver transplantation, Hepatitis C.
For detailed publications -visit https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=nagral+a
Editorial board member/Reviewer
- Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology
- Journal of Pediatric Gastroenteroloy and Nutrition
- Indian Journal of Pediatrics
- Indian Pediatrics
- Indian Journal of Gastroenterology
- National Medical Journal of India
Specialty and Services
Hepatology and Liver Transplantation
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Inflammatory bowel disease – Ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
Manages all problems related to liver including Hepatitis A, B, C and E, cirrhosis of liver, fatty liver, alcohol related liver diseases, autoimmune liver diseases, PSC and PBC. Has original research in Wilson disease, Budd Chiari syndrome and Hepatitis C.
For Pediatric Hepatology / Gastroenterology
Specialises in entire spectrum of liver and gastrointestinal disorders in children including neonatal jaundice, biliary atresia, Wilson disease, Budd Chiari syndrome, Gaucher disease and all liver problems, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhoea and abdominal pain Ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease