Colon Cancer Treatment
We have a full-fledged Oncology Care Unit and have excellent facilities to take care of your medical issues.
What Is Colon Cancer?
The human colon, or large intestine, is a muscular, tube-shaped organ measuring about 4 feet long. It extends from the end of the small bowel to the rectum; some doctors may include the rectum as the end of the colon. The term colorectal describes this area that begins at the colon and ends at the anus. Typically, the first or right portion of the colon which is called the ascending colon moves up from the lower right portion of the abdomen. The next portion, or transverse colon, moves across from the right to the left side of the upper abdomen. Next, the third region or descending colon moves down the left side of your abdomen. Then an S shaped or sigmoid colon portion of the large intestine connects the rest of the colon to the rectum, which ends at the anus. This article will focus on the colon and less on the rectum; however, the terms colon, colorectum, and colorectal are considered interchangeable in this general article.
The colon has three main functions:
- To digest and absorb nutrients from food
- To concentrate fecal material by absorbing fluid (and dissolved salts, also called electrolytes) from it
- To store and control evacuation of fecal material
The right side of your colon plays a major role in absorbing water and electrolytes, while the left side is responsible for storage and evacuation of stool.
Cancer is the transformation of normal cells. The transformed cells grow and multiply abnormally.
- Left untreated, these cancers grow and eventually spread through the colon wall to involve the adjacent lymph nodes and organs. Ultimately, the cancer cells spread (metastasized) to distant organs such as the liver, lungs, brain, and bones.
- Cancers are dangerous because of their unbridled growth and potential for spread. They overwhelm healthy cells, tissues, and organs by taking their oxygen, nutrients, and space.
- Most colon cancers are adenocarcinomas — tumors that develop from the glands lining the colon’s inner wall.
- These cancers, or malignant tumors, are sometimes referred to as colorectal cancer, reflecting the fact that the rectum, the end portion of the colon, can also be affected. Anatomic differences in the rectum as compared to the rest of the colon require that these areas be separately recognized by many investigators.
Expert’s Opinion & Possible line of Treatment: – : –
Require PET CT, surgery followed by chemotherapy
The patient needs complete evaluation followed by PET CT ,cost will be approx. USD 800- 1500.
If surgery is done the cost will be approx. USD 6000-7500 with 7-9 days stay in hospital.
Colon cancer treatment cost in India includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging. Each estimate is presented with the Physicians CV, Facility Information and Treatment Plan, transparently by the provider. There is “0.00” upfront charge to you!