Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Bone Marrow Transplant –Allogenic – Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals
Specialty Surgeon Complete Packaged Procedure for Bone Marrow Transplant – Allogenic. Allogenic bone marrow transplant: ‘Allo’ means ‘other.’ Stem cells are removed from another person, called a donor. Most times, the donor must have the same genetic makeup as the patient, so that their blood is a ‘match’ to yours.
In Bone Marrow Transplant – Allogenic special blood tests are done to determine if a donor is a good match for you. A brother or sister is most likely to be a good match. However, sometimes parents, children, and other relatives may be good matches. Donors who are not related to the patient may be found through national bone marrow registries.
Treatment cost includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging.
Wellness Destination India Comments
Procedure Preformed in Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals – JCI
Services Included for International Patients:
– Complimentary airport pickup / drop in a cab.
– Complimentary meals for one companion during hospital stay.
– Sofa cum bed is provided for the companion during hospital stay.
– Travel desk is available inside the hospital premises.
– Translation assistance.
– Room as per requirement. Separate arrangements of apartments also available.
– Dedicated attendants for every room round the clock.
– Transportation to and from hospital.
– Hygienic and customized food options