Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) Treatment
We have a full-fledged Neurosurgery Care Unit and have excellent facilities to take care of your medical issues
Treatment Plan & Cost:
Specialty Surgeon Complete Packaged Procedure for a Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) treatment cost in India- AVM surgery India.
Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) are defects in the blood vessels of the circulatory system.
A malformation is an abnormal connection between the veins and arteries. This interferes with your body’s ability to circulate blood. It’s usually congenital, which means the condition is present at birth. Although malformations can begin anywhere in your body, some develop in the brain and spinal cord region, causing seizures and headaches.
There are many options for AVM treatment. For this reason, it is important to be evaluated by a multidisciplinary cerebrovascular team capable of performing all of these possible treatments for an AVM. Treatment options include observation, microsurgery, endovascular embolization, stereotactic radiosurgery, or a combination of these.
- Embolization, is the most common treatment for AVMs and consists of injecting a substance inside the abnormal arteries to block them off and decrease blood flow to the AVM. Our surgeon skillfully selects the AVM arteries using a variety of techniques to confirm that the artery does not supply normal brain prior to blocking it off. We use a variety of embolic agents to do this depending on your individual situation. We carefully balance the risk of bleeding and stroke against the risk of treatment to provide the best possible care.
- Microsurgery is a term for the surgical resection of an AVM. This is a common treatment option for AVMs that are surgically accessible and often provides a complete cure. Our team will determine if your AVM is surgically accessible or if it also requires endovascular embolization or stereotactic radiosurgery for treatment. Often, we perform microsurgery shortly after endovascular embolization. The embolization decreases the blood flow to the AVM as much as possible and the surgery completes the treatment by completely removing the AVM. We may perform an angiogram immediately after the surgery to confirm that we were able to remove the entire AVM.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery is a noninvasive method to treat an AVM using targeted radiation in the radiation oncology department. We position a stereotactic head frame on you using lidocaine. Music therapy makes the process as comfortable and pain-free as possible. Once the head frame is in place, you undergo a computed tomography (CT) scan of the head. The painless treatment is very similar to a CT scan and often lasts about 30 minutes. You can typically go home after the procedure.
AVM Surgery treatment cost India includes the facility fee, physician’s fee, related medical procedures and drugs required to administer the plan of care. Not included are diagnostic studies, consultations with additional specialists and cost of complication management; travel, food and lodging.
Each estimate is presented with the Physicians CV, Facility Information and Treatment Plan, transparently by the provider. There is “0.00” upfront charge to you!
Wellness Destination India Comments
Services Included for International Patients:
– Complimentary airport pickup / drop in a cab.
– Complimentary meals for one companion during hospital stay.
– Sofa cum bed is provided for the companion during hospital stay.
– Travel desk is available inside the hospital premises.
– Translation assistance.
– Room as per requirement. Separate arrangements of apartments also available.
– Dedicated attendants for every room round the clock.
– Transportation to and from hospital.
– Hygienic and customized food options