Global Health Care detailed Product Description for
ABVS- Advancement of Medical Technology in India
- Automated Breast Volume Scanner, or ABVS, is the latest technology in breast cancer detection in patients with dense breast tissue. This machine allows a clearer, more detailed image as a follow-up to a conventional mammogram. Breast density can be a critical factor in breast cancer detection. Dense breast tissue appears white on a mammogram, as does cancerous tissue, hiding tumours behind it.
- World’s first multi-use ultrasound system that automatically acquires complete, high resolution, volume datasets of the breasts in just 10 minutes. With automatic acquisition for consistent reproducible results, the efficient comprehensive analysis of the 3D data, and the first time, full volumes featuring the intuitive coronal plane diagnostic confidence is significantly increased.
- The S2000 ABVS is ideal for imaging dense breasts, one of the most significant challenges in breast cancer care today. It can easily distinguish between fatty and dense breast tissues, the key advantage of the ultrasound technology. The S2000 ABVS can be used for both, automated breast volume, and conventional hand-held exams, with unparalleled comfort and ease for both patients and operators. For added versatility the mobile S2000 can be easily detached from the column for use in other departments, delivering unsurpassed productivity across a broad spectrum of clinical application.
- The ABVS techniques reduces the subjectivity of ultrasounds and makes it easier to verify results and compare them with mammographic and 3D-MRI findings transforming an ultrasound into a toll for double reading and improved diagnostic precision.
- An additional advantage of 3D ultrasound is the unique way in which the anatomy of the breast is rendered through a reconstruction in three orthogonal planes. At the ABVS workplace, the clinician can adjust slice thickness down to a minimum of 0.5mm.
- The coronal orientation turns out to be particularly well-suited for depicting anomalies in the make-up of glandular breast tissue. Lesion position is indicated on a coronally-oriented marker and the distance to the skin and nipple is indicated in centimetres, which allow easier and more insightful preoperative surgical planning.
- A major advantage is the optional storage of the full set of images, which offers a reliable baseline for future comparison at the patient’s next check up.
Article Source: https://www.hcgoncology.com/hcg-advantage/latest-cancer-treating-technologies