Indian e- Medical Visa (eMV): Procedure & Eligibility
The Government of India’s policy to expand the scope of e-tourist visas, and include short term medical needs, is expected to give a fillip to the medical tourism sector in the country. “This is indeed a welcome move. Medical tourism in India is an inherent strength of our country and our healthcare system. The country is at the unique cusp of cost effectiveness with cutting edge expertise.
Procedure for applying Indian e- Medical Visa :
The foreign national may fill in the application online on the website https://indianvisaonline.gov.
e-Medical Visa : For medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine. A foreign national will also be permitted to club these activities provided he/she had clearly indicated the same in the application form along with requisite documents.
- The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India.Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
- e-Visa is valid for entry through 24 designated Airports .
- e-Visa can be availed for maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
- e-Visa fee is country/Territory specific. Bank transaction charges of 2.5% will be charged additionally on applicable e-Visa fees. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed.
- Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries or travellers arriving from these countries must carry YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD at the time of arrival in India, otherwise they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival in India. Please visit our Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare latest guidelines regarding yellow fever countries here.
Documents Required For e-Medical Visa To India
- Passport with 6 month validity
- Recent Passport size photographs
- Photo copy of passport
- Copy of online Visa application form
- Proof of Residential Address
- Recommendation from home country doctor to visit particular specialized medical center for treatment
- Medical documents of the treatments that are done
- A letter on the letterhead of the Hospital in India that shows that the applicant has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment
- Passport copy of attendant (for Attendant visas)
- Proof of relationship with attendant (for Attendant visas)
e- Medical Visa Facility is available for nationals of 166 countries/territories Read More
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.